Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

details 4 scale lighting module and 2.4 Rx

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

details 4 scale lighting module and 2.4 Rx

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 12:09 PM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default details 4 scale lighting module and 2.4 Rx

Hello,

I am installing my new details4scale lighting module in my A10 with a 2.4 weatronic reciever.

The instructions for the lighting suggest 6 inches bewteen the reciever and the light module. Has anyone mounted theirs within 6 inches of a servo without any trouble ? Just wondering if any interefence will travel from the servo lead etc...

I can easily mount mine 12" form the reciever but that puts in on top of the nose gear servo. Just not sure if that is OK? Otherwise I have to put it all the way in the nose...which is a little painful.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Details 4 Scale
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: details 4 scale lighting module and 2.4 Rx

ORIGINAL: ddennison

Hello,

I am installing my new details4scale lighting module in my A10 with a 2.4 weatronic reciever.

The instructions for the lighting suggest 6 inches bewteen the reciever and the light module. Has anyone mounted theirs within 6 inches of a servo without any trouble ? Just wondering if any interefence will travel from the servo lead etc...

I can easily mount mine 12'' form the reciever but that puts in on top of the nose gear servo. Just not sure if that is OK? Otherwise I have to put it all the way in the nose...which is a little painful.

Dave,

There should be no problem at all with the nose steering servo. The only concern for the unit being kept away from radio items is the high draw power of the internal regulators. Since the unit can draw up to 12 amps, any type of EMI feedback (noise or ripple current) would only occur on the battery leads. The regulators have very good power decoupling capacitors that eliminate EMI ripple, so any problems that might pose an issue for the servo leads if allowed to be in close contact would be the battery leads. Same goes for the satelite receivers and their leads. Otherwise, no EMI is emitted from the light controller. The best test is to place the controller near the items of concern, turn on the radio system and the controller. If the servo operates normally and it should; there will be no issues. A good rule of thumb for the unit is 4-6" from the receiver and associated leads. Also keep the controller battery supply leads away from any servo leads. Don't allow any servo leads to pass directly over the cooling fan. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Dan

Old 01-16-2010, 01:33 PM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: details 4 scale lighting module and 2.4 Rx

Thank you Dan
Dave