Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Hinge questions

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Hinge questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 08:13 PM
BillHarris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hinge questions

I have a couple of hinge questions:

I hate to re-ask this, but a while back I got a recommendation for tape to be used on taped hinges (like on sailplanes and foamies), and I can't recall (or find the message here) the part number of the tape. It was a "3M Book Binding Tape", Cat No ???.

Second: a future project is a high-wing plane with an 80" wingspan and flaps about 2.5" wide and 14" long. The flaps are operated with single center servo via a pair of torque rods (like ailerons). My first inclination is to use CA hinges on the flaps, but on second thought, I wonder if three 1/8" Robart hinge points might not work better. On ailerons, I wouldn't worry about using CA hinges, but there is more force on the flaps.

Thanks,
Old 04-29-2003, 08:49 PM
CRFlyer

Default Hinge questions

I make my own hinges out of worldtec covering. These "hinges" are gapless, so no need to seal the gap later. I can let you know the procedure if your interested.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:22 PM
BillHarris

Default Hinge questions

Oops, minor brainf@rt... it was another List that I asked about the hinge tape.

FWIW, it was Scotch #845 Book Binding Tape.