Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

YELLOW AIRCRAFT f18 SINGLE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

YELLOW AIRCRAFT f18 SINGLE

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 01:22 PM
steveline9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YELLOW AIRCRAFT f18 SINGLE

Hi Guys, just bought a Y/A F18 single and decided to put my wren 54 in it. It has spring air retracts with it but they wil only take 3/16" wire. Anyone know if it would be ok to use wire struts on it or would you go for some trailing link oleos with different retract units.
Also it is set up for tailerons and flaps so if anyone knows the throws i should use it would be helpfull.

Cheers
steve
Old 07-19-2009, 01:54 PM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: YELLOW AIRCRAFT f18 SINGLE

Steve,
I'm building one of these now so I can't verify the throws, but this is what is in the Assembly Guide:
Tailerons Only: Aileron Function 1" up/down, Elevator Function 1-1/4" up/down (high rate) and 3/4" up/down (low rate). Flaps are 50 degrees for landing and 20 degrees for take off.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve,

Why will your gear only take 3/16" wire? The semi-scale struts we sell for that plane accept 3/16" wire...
Old 07-19-2009, 02:53 PM
steveline9

Cheers for your replies guys,
I meant that the retracts were spring air and were made to take 3/16" wire struts. Are the semi scale struts 3/16 inserts then and if so how much can you do me a set for please.

cheers
steve
Old 07-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

The struts sell for $125 for the pair. They've got a 3/16" hole and a set screw, so your retracts will have a wire coming out that you'll cut to about 1" out of the trunion. Grind your flat spot and you're done. These struts are "semi-scale", meaning that they're not very scale at all except that they articulate rearward. RC Crafters makes a set that's far more scale, but they're also quite a bit more money.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:53 AM
steveline9

Hi Guys,
im about to make a nose leg for my F18 single and wondered if anyone can give me some dimensions from the legs you have fitted to yours. I will be useing the semi scale mains so would like a positive angle of attack while situated on the ground.

Cheers
steve