Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Brushless motor problem!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 03:34 PM
greigmckean1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless motor problem!

Right guys! new to electric flight so go easy on me!

Just finished building my new seagull PC9. Set up the control throws. Balanced her CG. I even gave her a quick clean! Decided I wanted to try and taxi her around the back garden. Plugged in the brand new fully charged lipo and decided to give the new motor a bunch of amps! Much to my delight the motor turned beautifully but the only problem is that the plane was being pushed backwards (which kinda ruins the scale look!!) I turned the prop over to see if this would fix it but it didn't. And all the right wires are going in all the right places. If facing the motor the motor turns clockwise. Is this the right direction it should be moving? How can I fix this? Can the motor turn the otherway somehow?

There is probally an easy answer but as I said go easy on me!

Thanks

Old 11-02-2008, 03:53 PM
bartricky

Default RE: Brushless motor problem!

Reverse any two of the motor leads going to the ESC.. Sometimes you can reverse the motor with the ESC programing if that is an option if not reverse the wires.
edit... It should turn CCW looking at it from the front.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:37 PM
greigmckean1

Worked!! Thanks very much!!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:20 AM
jdetray

Be sure you now have the prop mounted correctly. Any markings (manufacturer's name, size of the prop, etc.) on the prop should face forward. If the prop is on backwards, it will still move air in the correct direction but with less thrust than when it is properly oriented.

- Jeff