Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

mixing brands

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:38 PM
dark321devil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mixing brands

Quick questions. I have a airtronics radio. fm 75mhz channel 69. On one car im running airtronics reciever and on my other one i am running a HiTec reciever(same frequency and channel obviously). I am thinking about getting another car and am going to need a reciever. I want to run this reciever http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKZB3&P=0 (futaba FM 75mhz w/built in fail-safe) with this crystal http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXBFL369&P=V (channel 69). Im asuming this would work but wanted to double check.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:08 AM
jermpool

Default RE: mixing brands

As long as both of them are fm and 75 mhz it will work.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:51 AM
SManMTB

ORIGINAL: jermpool

I know JR and Futaba is not compatible because one uses positive shift and the other negative shift for the signal. I don't know about Airtronics vs Futaba, double check.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:20 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

This is not true as some radios are positive shift and some are negative. I know Airtronics and Futaba will not work together.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:16 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wrong sir, i own the futaba 3PK with FM 75MHZ moduel, and i got in a little deal i made 2 JR RS310 recivers on 75 MHZ synthesized and i too use channel 69 and the JR's recivers will not work with the futaba the polarties are not the same

BUT YES if there is a JR radio running channel 69 and there is a futaba radio running the same channel even tho that dont link to each they will glitch each other like crazy i tryed it