Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Painting Questions

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Painting Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 12:35 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting Questions

I plan on glassing a plane and painting it using Latex Paint; the base color scheme will be natural or bare Aluminum with 'Red Rescue Search Markings' on the wings as pictured; the red of the Maple Leafs in the Roundels should match the color red of the Search Markings as should the red color of the spinner; a couple of questions:

First: If I use Decals for the Roundels, I can proably match a Red Color Latex for the Red Search Markings to match the Red Color of the Maple Leafs in the Roundels; can I use this same Red Latex on the metal Spinner, and will it be durable; I will be using a gas moter and hand starting; any additional steps needed for using Latex on metal?

Second: In the event that I need to use enamel such as LusterKote on Metal Spinners; can I use this paint on Latex for the Search Markings?

Finally, there is the possibility that I will be painting the Maple Leafs and Roundels; in which case I can match the paints together to that of the red enamel; however, if I could use the same Latex for everything would be best.

Thanks, Doug.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39788.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1067959  
Old 11-08-2008, 12:57 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Painting Questions

Doug, contact "b1driver" on this site, he has on longterm loan my "paint mask" cutter. He can cut your paint masks up. tell him I sent you and he'll give them to your for beer money.

Take care "eh",

Sean
Old 11-08-2008, 09:12 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Sean, I may take you up on that, I'm just trying to formulate my plan for this Mustang, a few options to consider, not trying for Scale Masters, just an awsome Sport Scale Mustang; I am also considering Aluminum tape and/or 'Flite Metal'; brings up another question, can you paint on 'Aluminum paint or 'Flite Metal'?

Here's a photo of some an application of Aluminum tape.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79359.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1068381  
Old 11-09-2008, 09:44 AM
jaka

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi!
Yes! You can use any paint you want over those materials.