Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Broekn Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 11:34 PM
juicey_e2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broekn Car

Ok, I dont know if ur gunna know anything about this car. but, give it a try.

I was racing it, and i hit some other *******, (i call him an assole cuz of what happend) the car flipped, and caught fire. dont ask me how, this is electrick. i guess the battery wires came togehter. i dunno. But it caught fire, and this one wire singed. It connects somewhere, but i have no idea where.

The car still works, the wheels turn, and when i press forward and backwords this little thing moves back and forthe to send the power to the motor, but the motor does not move. i thought the motor was dead, so i tested it by hooking the battery directly to it, and the car moved full tilt instantly.

I got some pics of my car, and i show you where the wire is. If you could just tell me where i put the wire, or an idea of what it does so i can get a beter idea of where to put it. I have spent hours looking.
http://www.geocities.com/bloodymes72/remotecar.html

thanks
Old 07-29-2003, 11:42 PM
Shadow102
My Feedback: (5)

Default Broekn Car

well your link doesn't work all that well but by your description you are running a tamiya with a manual speed control. the speed control is prolly damaged even though the servo still moves the wiper arm. my suggestion is to buy your self an electronic speed control. not only will it free up alot of weight on the car but you will feel a big difference in how your car accelerates and what not.

if you want i have a barly used lrp runner esc for sale for $30 plus $5 shipping.

if you can post the picture here on RCU kause your link doesn't show anything
Old 07-30-2003, 12:02 AM
juicey_e2003

Default Broekn Car

lol, what u just said means jack **** to me.

If i have to buy any new part for this car, then i will buy a whole new one. just look at the pics, this things ANCIENT

sorry about the link, its just that showing u all differnt anges of the car i thought would make it easier..

I put them on this site, heres the link: http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/sh...=42998&thumb=1

look at all of them, it gives u a good look at the car.
u can make fun of it all u want, cuz its worth it.
lol

thanks for u help
Old 07-30-2003, 12:45 AM
juicey_e2003

Default Broekn Car

I DID SOMETHING< i hook up this from one of the power wires to the engine directly, now it moves forward when i tell it to, but not backwards. so maybe that probes that that thing is not damaged.. i duno, ill show u pics of what i did later, my parents got the camers.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:14 AM
usagi

Default Broekn Car

The car looks a bit of a mess, but it can be fixed.

You know we are friends here and we ry to help out each other.
All Shadow102 was trying to do is be helpful.........
Old 07-31-2003, 01:58 AM
mattyk6

Default Broekn Car

What is the color of the wire that you can't figure out? (blue?)
What is the color of the wires from the motor?

With your setup, the battery is connected to the MSC (mechanical speed control), power is then sent to the receiver, a signal is sent to the MSC servo from the receiver (usually three wires, signal, pos, neg), the servo moves the arm in the MSC to determine the direction and speed of the motor. Most MSC units only give 1 reverse speed and 3 fwd speeds. And the black and red wires then go to the motor. At least this is how the Traxxas MSC works.

I see a black and a red wire coming from the motor, but where do they go? Where do the white, purple, and gray/blue stripe wires go?

Shadow- If he isn't interested in the ESC, I would be. Can you email me some more info about it. I'm trying to resurect an old Radio Shack car and I think it would work good for my project.