Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

HL Tiger I Main gun question.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HL Tiger I Main gun question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 09:43 PM
hobbimaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL Tiger I Main gun question.

I was wondering if anyone knows the diameter of the HL Tiger I airsoft tube. I have added the Tank zone barrel extension to put the Tiger's barrel to correct legnth, but in doing so the airsoft tube is now too short. Shots now get stuck in the barrel since they end up hitting the barrels tip before exiting. I only need to add an 1" or so to alteast get them to come out again. Any ideas where to get a longer tube from?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:25 PM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HL Tiger I Main gun question.

Stock length is 212mm it should be 234mm BUT, that's using actual measurements not taking into consideration if your component is true to scale or not.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:26 AM
jonasvem

I actually got two barrles - bought the Mato corrected barrel , and an extension from Asiatam ...... I just cut off the spare barrel and put the shorter one in front of the longer barrel .... works just fine

Jonas
Old 02-14-2007, 06:04 AM
hobbimaster

So the small metal tube inside the barrel is 212mm? Where do I purchase longer piece of metal tubing to make it 234mm? My question is more about getting it to shoot again since the plastic "main gun" was legnthened. Do I use Jonas method and buy another barrel and cut a short piece, the metal airsoft tube, to make her dangerous again? Thanks...
Old 02-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: jonasvem

bought the Mato corrected barrel
Attempt was made to produce a correct barrel. While they were at it, they should have take a little more time and material to give the barrel the correct length also.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I used a 8mm aluminium tube I got from a DIY store which I cut to length. I took some BB pellets to the store so I could try the tube out first.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:09 AM
hobbimaster

8mm tube, does it matter about wall thickness? I'm not sure who would have 8mm around here since we use the silly standard measuring system.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Wozwasnt

Take some bb pellets and try them out (Like a pea shooter). There were two types of 8mm Ally tube at my local DIY store, one too narrow but the other was perfect.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:23 PM
swathdiver

If you want to increase the performance of your stock gun by 20-30fps, then use an airsoft barrel. You can buy Systema, MadBull, Guarder, etc. from eBay. They are 6.04mm or 6.03mm inside diameter compared to over 6.15mm for stock barrel. If you have more then one tank, buy a barrel that's at least 455mm long so you can cut it down to make 2 barrels for your tanks.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:39 PM
hobbimaster

My trip to the hoby store was unsuccessful. I found a 9/16 brass tube I thought would work, but turns out the OD is too small while the ID is pretty close. When she shoots now there is no velocity at all.
Thanks Swath, I did manage to order a 455mm off ebay for $12 that should work out fine. One question do you use silicone or some thing to seal up around the tube when putting it back together? Drill any holes in the tube? I see the stock one has 1 hole drilled near the airsoft mechanism.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:39 AM
swathdiver

I do not drill any holes in my tubes. A fellow tanker swears by these holes though. He's recently purchased a Chrony to meausre velocity and is supposed to report back soon with actual numbers for or against the hole.

No, I do not secure the inner barrel to the outter barrel. Depending on the manufacturer the inner barrel may have to be forced into the outter barrel causing it to crack, you might have to grind away a little plastic in the mantlet area at first. This is easily repaired with putty/sanding/painting.

Make sure you chamfer the breech end a little bit and do not use the airsoft barrel's hopup features.

If you bought a madbull barrel, the inside diameter of the barrel is greater at the end of the tube.

My daughter wants to do a school project on my next round of tests. In the next couple of weeks she'll be studying for exams, when that's over we'll begin testing again.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:56 AM
Wozwasnt

The stock HL airsoft gun needs the hole for some reason. I covered the hole up with tape and the BB pellets just stops half way down the barrel. I fitted a stronger spring and now it works without a hole.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:47 PM
hobbimaster

Now that this was mentioned....... what exactly is the hop up feature of the airsoft gun? I seen this on the box when I first received the tank, but never knew exaclty what was hopped up in it.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:37 PM
swathdiver

The HL tanks don't have a hop-up feature. Tokyo Marui and VS Tanks do have it in their guns. If you want a flat trajectory and plan to shoot paintballs, you don't want it anyway.

Where are you in WPB? I'm in Boynton off Gateway.