Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

35% Yak.. Comp-Arf or TOC-Xtreme/SD/Aviation?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

35% Yak.. Comp-Arf or TOC-Xtreme/SD/Aviation?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 05:15 PM
golfingguy27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35% Yak.. Comp-Arf or TOC-Xtreme/SD/Aviation?

Hey Guys,
Looking for opinions here. I am looking at 35% (ish) Yaks. I want something ARF and based upon that, I only really like color schemes from Composite-Arf and Toc-Xtreme/SD/Aviation models. As luck would have it, with the exception of MAYBE the extreme flight or QQ Yaks, these seem to be the best choices performance wise too. Anyway, I plan on flying it mostly for fun, but may get back into IMAC type flying as well. In general which would be a better choice for flight characteristics, durability (never worked on a composite plane before), maintenance etc. I love the looks of the comp-arf planes and you have to love the signature squeeling sound in rolls, but I've also read a lot of good things abotu the TOC-Xtreme/SD/Avitation Yaks too. I have seen several of each listed for sale used that looked good to me, just not sure which would suit me better. I guess what it comes down to is that they are both very good planes, I'm just looking for input as to what most people's choice would be, and WHY. Thanks in advance guys!

Todd
Old 10-29-2008, 10:56 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 35% Yak.. Comp-Arf or TOC-Xtreme/SD/Aviation?

I have been flying the SD models 35% Yak (107 inch wingspan) for almost two years and am quite happy with it. DA-100. I have banged it around a little and the repairs are straightforward (all balsa/plywood/foam/ultracote). I just received a replacement cowl from Ace hobby after I beat up the original. Unfortunatley I have no firsthand experience with the Comp-Arf. Maybe someone will chime in here that has flown both.