Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

motor mount for US41?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Eindecker_pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor mount for US41?

Does anyone out there know where I can find a motor mount for a US41 engine? I'd like to mount it to my flat firewall. The muffler is in the way, so if I can't find a motor mount offset, I'll add the offset with a wooden block glued to the firewall as a spacer.

Thanks!
Old 02-04-2005, 11:57 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: motor mount for US41?

That's the way I mounted my US 41. I cut a rectangular block from 1/2 inch plywood about 2 inches wider that the bolt pattern on the engine, and cut out a circle to clear the starter spring, then drilled holes for the engine mounting bolts and countersunk the rear of the block for the bolt heads. I then drilled holes to mount the block to the firewall, spaced wider than the engine flange holes. I bolted the block to the engine, used blue locktite, then mounted the block to the firewall with bolts and blind nuts. It would be easier to just use the flange holes all the way through, but my holes are threaded and I didn't want to drill them smooth.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:31 PM
jeffEE
My Feedback: (5)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

yep. small wood block was what I did also. Not a problem at all. And it was easy to trim it to fit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23706.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	231223  
Old 02-25-2005, 10:01 PM
bullwhip53
My Feedback: (2)

Use the B&B muffler which is only 1 inch wide and you can bolt the engine to the firewall without the need of a spacer. If you choose to use the stock muffler and a spacer be sure to have the muffler bolts secure .I drill a small hole in the heads of the muffler bolts and use a fine wire to secure them together so they will not loosen. This will save you time in the long run as the muffler is pron to loosening and the engine will have to be removed to tighten the bolts!
Old 02-26-2005, 01:00 AM
Eindecker_pilot

Drilling a small hole in the heads of the muffler bolts is a great idea! I see that wiring them together would prevent them from backing out. I'll do it.

Thanks!