Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Airtronics DSSS 2.4 Ghz Module for M11

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Airtronics DSSS 2.4 Ghz Module for M11

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 06:43 PM
dicko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics DSSS 2.4 Ghz Module for M11

After all the hoo ha about the Spektrum issues, I thought I'd ask the tech guys at Airtronics about their DSSS system & its use over water. Here's my email & their reply. In short, they say there shouldn't be any problems with their system.

I have one and will test it when I get a chance, in a boat that I know has issues with the Spektrum receivers (my FE boat). I'll let you know when I get results, but unfortunately that won't likely be until I get back from Holidays in mid January.

Hi Jason,

Our MX3 FHSS uses a frequency hopping system, while our M11 DSSS uses a direct sequence system. Many people have used both radios in boats with great success. Our Product Manager advised me that both should work fine, but the MX3 FHSS has a slightly higher power output which would give you a little more range.

-Farrell

To Whom It May Concern:

I have a question regarding the DSS module for the M11 radio. I use my M11 radio with my boats and have in the past used the Spektrum pro module. I have experienced some issues with signal loss and failsafe cut offs with the Spektrum system. I have recently found out that Spektrum do not recommend the use of their product for boating applications. I know that the Futaba FASST system is proven with boats and I believe that your MX3-FHSS is a similar system. I am trying to find out if your DSS module for the M11 is the same as the FHSS system that constantly hops frequencies, or locks onto a frequency like the Spektrum DSM system. From what I understand it is the same as the DSM system, is this correct? Basically I want to know if the Airtronics DSS module is safe to use for boating applications.

Regards
Jason
Old 07-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Nitro boater

Default RE: Airtronics DSSS 2.4 Ghz Module for M11

Hey dicko witch of yhe 2 work the best?dsss or fhss
Old 07-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Dan S

that's an old thread.

according to their web site the M11 DSSS is out of production.

if I was buying an Airtronics radio system I would be going with their new FHSS-2 system.

Dan.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:27 PM
dicko

It's typical that they pull the DHSS system after I outlaid nearly a grand swapping out my spektrum recievers & module for the DHSS system. I need to buy some new receivers for some new builds I am planning & it looks like I'll have to do it all again for FHSS. the FHSS is the way to go anyway, but spending another Grand to do it is a cost I can't afford right now.