Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Incomplete rc car kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 04:47 AM
gumby0000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Incomplete rc car kits

Hi guys

Can someone point me in the direction of where i can buy incomplete car kits, like without engine, rc gear etc online?

Also does anyone know of any web sites dedicated to building rc cars from scratch? like their own designs?

Or has anyone here built an RC car from scratch?

thanks

Old 01-24-2007, 05:06 AM
Never Enough

Default RE: Incomplete rc car kits

Hey another Queenslander

An Australian website that has kits is *********.com.au , but there are a few others . I get most of my kits usually from Towerhobbies.com wich is based in the USA and RCstation based in Hong Kong . The shops in HK are cheap , but sometimes they have very expensive shipping , so i get heavy items from Tower , as they have some cheaper shipping options . Generally HK shops are cheaper if buying a kit though .
What type of kit are you after ?
Old 01-24-2007, 06:23 AM
gumby0000

Go QLD!!

Its hard to find answers here straight away cos of mostly overseas users! lol

WHat sorta kit? I just want to build something with a nice aluminium frame and rigid chassis then put my own engine etc in it... something different, id like to build something from scratch but i think a kit would be easier!

cheers![8D]
Old 01-24-2007, 06:45 AM
Never Enough

So you want to build a monster truck with a glow motor , or am i not even close . Monster Trucks are about the only thing with big rigid aluminium chassis , because most other cars are built to be lightweight for speed . Custom building something may be fun , (I am currently doing my own custom) but it will be hard to beat something from a good manufacturer that has hundreds of hours spent on design and testing .
What about a HPI Savage X SS kit - You can build it yourself , and buy the radio you want (plus 2 high torque servos) and it comes with a good motor .
Old 01-24-2007, 03:49 PM
gumby0000

Yeah i have looked at the HPI its a nice car i just wanted to do something different!

Is it possible to put anything bigger than a 21 in a nitro car? like a plane engine or something?
Old 01-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Never Enough

If you have a car that fits a .21 big block , there are heaps of motors available up to .32 that will fit straight in as they have the same external size . If you go larger then that it is pointless . There is .46 and .7o conversions available for the savage , but they actually slow the car down . The larger the motor , the less revs it can do . So the big .70 (25000 rpm max)might have a heap of power and torque to 40 km/h but it wont go much quicker then that , but the smaller motor such as a .30 can rev to 40 000 rpm will fly past .