Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Busted Savage, Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 10:32 AM
SJMILLER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Busted Savage, Upgrade?

Well I finally broke it Looks like a bad landing on the front left wheel got me. I busted the front lower arm brace (86070) and bent the back lower arm brace. I also broke the Gearbox bulkhead in two where the A-Arm mounting pin goes through. Any suggestions for upgrading these parts ore are the stock one fine and I should learn not to land that way
Thanks
Old 01-12-2004, 02:43 PM
coreyhp
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Busted Savage, Upgrade?

stay stock, and learn how to control your car from a jump.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:22 PM
mike1288

I'd Say leave it stock. I've had some Nasty Landings with Mine and broken very few parts.(I'll jump anything) Jumped off a 25 ft Cliff and landed on all 4 wheels and kept going, Only problem I had in the muffler slipped out of the header. Only major thing i broke was due to stupidity. I was jumping a pile of snow in my driveway and landed upside down with no Body on it. Head caught the Cement and it pulled all 4 screws treads and all right out of the crankcase and cracked the crankcase. Ohh Well, It was only the stock 21BB. Bought a 25SS to but in it and spent the $35 for a new crankcase to keep other motor as a spare.
Old 01-13-2004, 01:06 PM
03 DSG Snake

About 4 months ago a buddy of mine was running mine in a parking lot and ran it head on into a cement curb at the top of 2nd gear

Still on the work bench, just about done. I've added extended TVPs, pipe, dogbones, heat sink engine plate, engine mount, .25 (just breaking in), UFO wheels, and some other goodies.

Hopefully its worth the wait and all the work when I finally get it up and running again.
Old 01-13-2004, 01:08 PM
bbentley40

ORIGINAL: 03 DSG Snake

About 4 months ago a buddy of mine was running mine in a parking lot and ran it head on into a cement curb at the top of 2nd gear

Still on the work bench, just about done. I've added extended TVPs, pipe, dogbones, heat sink engine plate, engine mount, .25 (just breaking in), UFO wheels, and some other goodies.

Hopefully its worth the wait and all the work when I finally get it up and running again.
Man.. what all broke when that happened??
Old 01-13-2004, 01:49 PM
03 DSG Snake

Man.. what all broke when that happened??
Well, the TVPs were both bent to hell. Radio box cracked, steering bell cranks snapped, front bulkhead? brace trashed, front center dogbone, etc. Basically everything in the front except for the servo.

Since I had torn everything down to replace the parts I figured I might as well start slapping some upgrades in there while I was at it...
Old 01-18-2004, 05:52 PM
light_one66

Hey SJ......Just did the same to mine.....same parts broke to!!!!!....Was able to find most of the stock parts at my LHS...except for the lower brace......Does anyone have a good suggestion for aftermarket parts on this??? From what it sounds like....STAY STOCK!....Just wanting to know.......Thanks guys.....
Old 01-20-2004, 10:59 PM
liv4RC

This is the reason why I don't let anyone drive my Savage!
Old 01-20-2004, 11:47 PM
Vintage_Duff

dont get me mentioning hop ups
2 weeks ago i just bought all aliminium parts for the savage
its cost $1500AUS
Stay stock until u can handle the savage
Old 01-20-2004, 11:53 PM
BLUEHAWK71

I would suggest aluminum front rear and center skidplates protect the bottom especially the center were its open or youll be buying a new gear box. take your time learning to jump even if you land bad it shouldnt break that easy did you hit something when you landed? I had a Tmax and i jumped the hell out of it it rolled fliped and everything but never broke ,the savage handles even nicer than the T max with its wider suspension it shouldnt take you long to get the hang of it.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:52 PM
petrolpixie

ORIGINAL: Hell_Savage

dont get me mentioning hop ups
2 weeks ago i just bought all aliminium parts for the savage
its cost $1500AUS
Stay stock until u can handle the savage
where did you end up getting all the aluminium parts for the savage?? i am looking for a place that sells them here in oz
Old 01-21-2004, 03:19 PM
mike1288

rw4wd.com has a good selection of savage Aluminum. Decent Prices too. Not sure if they sell over seas