Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Edge 28% and DA-50 setup!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 07:39 PM
charrua
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edge 28% and DA-50 setup!!

Ok guys here I am again to keep doing what we started over 1 month ago and after 350 post back....too bad for those of you who just see this but well here it's the link where there a lot of info. on the Edge 540 28%
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Edge...2451157/tm.htm

Thank you all for helping me out on this!!
Old 01-28-2005, 08:14 PM
charrua

Default RE: Edge 28% and DA-50 setup!!

I was wondering did that picture bather you TOM it was just to show up my new DA-50 I got from you?????
Old 01-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

If you look in the original link Tom states that he had NOTHING to do with it
Old 01-29-2005, 09:08 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know what picture you refer to, but I have not had any real issues with anything posted to date. Even the Funtana with DA-50, it does help give some perspective to the whole thing.

TF
Old 01-29-2005, 09:58 AM
charrua

Yes that's the picture I was referring to.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:51 AM
craig moss

yea iv seen charruas edge- 540 they mist have sent him the wrong plane.charruas plane is made of -----carbon fiber------.ha ha just an inside joke.No really after seeing that b/a da-50 i want to go gasssssssssssss.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:50 PM
charrua

watch what you say Craig they might move my thread out again like they did with the other one for no reason.

This picture belongs to a WH half wing and the other one to ........... I won't even say the name just in case[>:]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81965.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	223393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12201.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	223394  
Old 02-03-2005, 09:43 PM
charrua

ok this why I got moved out of the WH forum!!!!

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner, but there was some discussion
between the site administrators and moderators about changing the support
forum guidelines. I did not want to give out incorrect information, so I
waited until we had an opportunity to discuss the options.

The policy has always been that support forums are a place for members to
ask a question of a manufacturer or their representative. Questions posted
in support forums are only to be answered by that forum's host. The WildHare
support forum is not a general discussion forum for WildHare products.
Anytime a member wants to get opinions from members other than the support
forum host that thread should be posted in one of the discussion forums.

These guidelines are posted in a sticky at the top of every support forum.
Here is a link to the sticky in the WildHare forum.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/announcement.asp?id=24

Even though this has always been the policy, we have not done a good job of
enforcing these rules in some of the support forums. Posting the sticky was
an attempt to inform the members of the policy. Look at the any of the
engine support forums and you will see that these rules have been enforced
for some time.

Your thread is several pages long and has replies from numerous members in
addition to the forum host. The support forums are not intended for these
type threads. Moving the thread was not done to limit discussion, but to get
the thread in the proper forum. If you have a question about a WildHare
product that you only want answered by rctom, then the WildHare support
forum is the correct place. If you want everyone to participate, it belongs
in the Giant Aircraft or 3D forums.

Eric
Forum Manager

Sorry Eric But these rules are kind of a joke!!! rediculus!!! So I'm done posting here I'll never post in RCU again!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2005, 11:18 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want everyone to participate, it belongs in the Giant Aircraft or 3D forums.

Eric:

Consider this. We don't want EVERYONE to participate. That's where we get lots of opinions from people who do not have Wild Hare products. You certainly know there are people out there with agendas, and lots of others who seem to write with some authority but actually have no direct knowledge of the subject they are addressing.

We don't have flame wars and name calling here, we don't have intentionally misleading posts. It's simple to verify someone's qualification to post, I know who my customers are.

In here my customers have been able to share information with at least some small amount of knowledge that the posters are actual users of the product. And I am here (as well as Silversurfer, also a Wild Hare representative BTW) to correct things if they go wrong.

The info here has always been the most helpful and accurate of any of the forums because of the limited group. This exchange of information is vital to me and them.

Tom Fawcett
Wild Hare R/C
Old 02-04-2005, 04:41 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom,

I understand where you are coming from, but having a company specific discussion forum is not the intent of the support forums. The support forums are a place where RCU's members can have customer support issues addressed by a company representative. We understand that it takes time for a company to answer questions in a support forum, but if we allow anyone to answer questions in support forums - then it is no longer really a support forum. The trade off for companies investing time to run a support forum is that they may be able to better serve their customers and it gives them some added exposure.

If we turn the support forums into company, or product, specific discussion forums , I can see the number of support forums growing to the point of it being difficult to navigate the site. Most every company that sold or manufactured a RC product would want their own forum.

Look at the Support forums under RC Engines and you will see that this is not a new policy at RCU. I know we have not been vigilant in enforcing the rules in this forum. That was the reason Nathan posted the sticky. We waited a while after the sticky was posted to start enforcing the rules, but everyone should have had a chance to see them by now.

So if someone has a question they want answered by you, then this is the place. If they want others to join in the discussion it belongs in one of the discussion forums. If someone posts something in a thread that does not follow the RCU Community Policies anyone can click on the REPORT button to notify a moderator.

Eric
Old 02-04-2005, 04:49 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info on Silversurfer. I was not aware he was a Wild Hare representative. It would help if he reflected that in his signature. With the number of companies represented here, it is difficult to remember everyone.

Eric
Old 02-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Nothing personal Eric but this stinks[&:]

I understand your just doing your job but the reason I bought a WH was because of the type of feedback and sharing of ideas that this forum had as compared to the others..Like Tom said there are no agendas here and you get the facts..and not the regular "My buddy this and my friend that " routine..

If those are the rules then so be it...
Old 02-04-2005, 10:05 PM
euclid

thought this issue was dead and buried, but obviously not.

"having a company specific discussion forum is not the intent of the support forums."
WHAT??? Then what is it for? Surely it is for people, not necessarily customers, to get information specifically on the WH product.

A question posted in the Giant Aircraft forum draws responses from anyone, even from people with no knowledge of the product in question. A forum dedicated to a specific manufacturer makes so much sense, which is presumably why its offered, it draws people with knowledge specifically about the product. Look at the list of posters here, and many or indeed most, are WH customers, and therefore are uniquely qualified to questions appertaining to WH. Tom spends a considerable amount of time here, and with Silversurfer, all queries can be covered.

This forum works extremely well. Some of the other "support forums" do not have a significant input from the manufacturer for their products. Another support forum has recently been the subject of criticism from people regarding this very point. It is interesting to see that RC Admin had closed the discussion on this.

So is this the end of the WH support forum here? Maybe, and at the extent of RC Universe.
Maybe Tom should host this on a different server.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:16 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Done.

To all:

I try to peruse the Giant Scale forum as often as I can, and I will try to answer those questions pertaining to Wild Hare products as I come upon them. You can still post Wild Hare questions in this forum for Tom and myself to reply to.

Pat
Old 02-10-2005, 02:57 AM
Sheriff_Andy

I understand perfectly well the need for moderators in a forum such as this, but if you was to go back thru depfife's posts you will see that he deletes an awful lot of posts as well as closes or locks threads ! I think this moderator needs to use his powers in moderation. In other words someone needs to take away his bullet and send him out on crosswalk duty for a while.

Thank you for telling him about it Pat and Tom

Sheriff
Old 02-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Dugster

Yo Barney,

You still don't seem to get it. We were happy. We were productive. So what if we bent the rules a little... We didn't do anything wrong!