Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

New baby radio quesion, please help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

New baby radio quesion, please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 11:46 AM
erichiu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New baby radio quesion, please help

Hi all, I am new to this RC world (bought my first Trinity IBS from ebay 2 years ago and a Mini LST last a year ago) and is very new to this forum.

Because both my 1/18 scales are RTR, as a beginner, I don't have problem of my stock radio. After for such a long time, I start feeling that they aren't that good. First, the Trinity's cheap am radio's antenna came off. And I found the stock radio of MLST from Losi's steering wheel alwasy stuck in its position without back to center.... Also, I am thinking to buy a new mini-size nitro to step in the nitro world. A radio that can control different cars could be good. Add up all the reasons, I am looking for a new radio.

After reading some threads in this forum, I narrow down to either Spektrum DX2 or Futaba 3PM FASST. Well, I know Nomadio React is good but I don't want to spend that money now and I am not racing anyway. RC just a fun hobby for me.

My question is: Why and when do we need a 3-channel. I am almost decided to buy the DX2 but thinking if there are any reasons that I should go for 3-channel (e.g. DX3 ) for future upgrade. Since I am entering the nitro world... But when I looking at some RC magazines, most of nitro RTR come with 2-channel radio anyway. For now, I am just decide to go into mini-nitro, do I really need 3-channnel? What is the advantage of 3-Channel or more? Thanks.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Oscardms

Default RE: New baby radio quesion, please help

I believe the DX2 only has memory for 2 cars and the DX3.0 has 4 model memory and comes with two receivers.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:28 PM
erichiu

I guess its good to have memory for more car, but that's not a must. My question is why 3-channel...[&:]
Old 04-13-2007, 04:10 PM
The_DDub

The channels refer to the # of servos you can connect to the receiver. In some Nitro models, I am only referencing the Savage, the 3rd channel can be used for a servo that actuates the reverse module.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:16 PM
erichiu

Is that mean I don't need a 3-channel for most (or all) Mini RCs?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:44 PM
The_DDub

Right, but you will be hard pressed to find a 2ch radio and for the price difference, you should just get a 3ch in case you decide to upgrade in the future. I started out with my Mini Quake and I now also own a Savage X SS, so if I bought a decent multi-model 3ch radio originally, it would be real handy now.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Nomadio_Sales

The Nomadio React is a great choice off the bat and it can be used as a game controller as well plus be your R/C TX.