Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New to the Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 01:03 AM
OsiViper
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Hobby

I have been into RC since i was about 13 but in the past it has been mainly airplanes then i moved up to Helicopters.
I was debating getting a new helicopter but whenever i am out flying I see people racing their cars at the tracks near the flying field and It looked fun.

I want to try and get into rc cars instead of gettin a new heli so i have about a $1500-$2000 budget.
IPlan on getting a Futaba 4PKS radio but i am unsure on which kit to get. I want to do some offroading/bashing and some racing on the dirt track eventually once i get better at driving. Ihave read some stuff that the trucks are good for offroad but not so much for racing and the buggys are great for racing but not the best bashers/offroaders. So i ended up looking at truggy's.
Ive been looking at the Caster/Traxx/Losi 1/8 scale stuff but im unsure on whether I want to go nitro or electric.
I am leaning towards nitro just because i can fuel and go rather than having to charge the big batt's all the time, etc. but i am open to opinions on everything

Any info would be great thx

Also, I would prefer 4WD but open to opinions on that too

Old 09-14-2010, 03:40 AM
OsiViper

Default RE: New to the Hobby

I have been looking at the HB D8T and the Losi 8IGHT-T 2.0
Both of which are nitro, but there dont seem to be very many electric truggies unless its a conversion.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:00 AM
johndavis

i like nitro myself. but those brushless motors are fast. as far as brands look at yor local hobby shop and see what parts are most availible.if i could get a truggy i would look at the mugen mbx-6t. good luck hope you have a good time racing</p>
Old 09-14-2010, 07:45 AM
fastandloud

Yeah sounds like a ttruggy would work altho i know the tracks down there are pretty small. You might like a Slash 4x4 too seems like alot of guys down there are running those, and racing at the 4crc track i believe. If your good with nitros on your heli then youll be fine with a car. Good thing about electric is you can run just about anywhere anytime without bothering others. my .2
Old 09-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

2000 dollar budget? Ok. I suggest a 5b from HPI. Gas and it will run for a while off of $3.00 in gas
Old 09-14-2010, 01:48 PM
OsiViper

Wow somone posting from Durango... I used to live there.

5B is a little bit big lol. Lookin for something at 1/8.
and there are other tracks around here that are a bit bigger than the 4crc track. May end up stopping by the rc store here and look around to see what they carry parts for.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:18 PM
fastandloud

Which track are you talking about? The one over by the airfield? Have they done any work on that lately? I havent been there in a few months.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:21 PM
fastandloud

Dont know if you know how to get ahold of the rc roadrunner guy but he had a few 1/8 truggies used for sale right before he closed up shop.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:06 PM
HJJFFFAA

Mugen MBX6T.

Want electric? Buy this:
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...=rcmmbx6tsckit