Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

"Tips" DVD/CD coming soon

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

"Tips" DVD/CD coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Mike James

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Tips" DVD/CD coming soon

Hi everybody,

I think we all know how difficult it can be to transition from a hobbyist to a manufacturer. Over the last 3 1/2 years, I've had quite a few setbacks, trying to get this to happen for me. So, I now find myself handicapped as far as the physical fabrication goes, but I have a wealth of data, CAD/3D, photos, movies, etc., I'd like to share with you. Selling this CD may also help me recover, so if you like what I've done so far on my site, I hope you'll consider the disk. More info at http://homepage.mac.com/mikejames/ne...thing_dvd.html

Thanks, everybody!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16140.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	254854  
Old 04-08-2005, 03:08 PM
cloudnine
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: "Tips" DVD/CD coming soon

Mike,

Hope that your recovery is quick. The DVD sounds great, I am interested. If there is anything that I can help out with let me know.
I also sent you an e-mail.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:47 PM
CafeenMan

I'm looking forward to seeing your DVD as well. I don't do much with composites because frankly I don't know much about them and mistakes with composites are expensive - particulary buying something only to find out it's not what I needed.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Mike James

Hi everybody,

An update...
First, to be clear, "Volume One" will be a multimedia CD, not a DVD. That's so you have freer random access to all the articles, images, and movies, without having to watch it in order. There's quite a bit more on it than promised, so I know you'll find it entertaining and informative. It will ship on time, around the first of May, 2005. ( See //homepage.mac.com/mikejames/nextcraft_site/everything_dvd.html )

I'm also planning "Volume Two", which will be devoted to CAD and 3D, as a modeling tool. That one should be ready by the end of the summer.

Thanks to all of you for your emails of support, and to those of you who have already ordered "Volume One".
Old 04-24-2005, 10:49 AM
BruceTharpe
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Mike,

I've always admired your work and just ordered your CD. Maybe I missed it, but I think you should also post this in the Scratch Building, Design forum as well. I only check out this particular forum very occasionally, and feel lucky to have stumbled across this gem. May be true for others as well. Looking forward to it - I love the Eliminator!
Old 04-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Mike James

Thank you, Bruce!

I certainly am aware of who you are, and follow your successful work, as a standard part of my research. Thank you very much, and continued success with your business as well.