Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Futaba RX/TX with JR digitals on jets ??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Futaba RX/TX with JR digitals on jets ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 12:55 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Futaba RX/TX with JR digitals on jets ??

I am puting all JR servos in one of my jets (4 8611s and another 6 other JR digital servos). I have 2 9Z futaba radios right now (1 for heli, 1 for air) and love them completely ... however, people have been telling me to use a JR RX on the JR digital servos, which means i'd also have to use a JR TX .... If i have to , i will just go and buy a 10X, but i'd rather stick with my 9Z .. any cons you guys see to using JR/Futaba ger together ?

its like $1000 more for a TX on a $9000 jet is no big deal, but then again, thats another $1K id rater keep to myself ...

thanx

Wojtek
Old 12-02-2003, 01:08 PM
Steve S
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba RX/TX with JR digitals on jets ??

I fly & have always flown futaba, as I will contiune to do so.While I am not an expert on jets (Been flying jets approx. 2 1/2 years so far) I have been using quite a few JR digitals on the Jets I have owned/flown with no probelms or issues whatsoever.I have used plenty of them on aerobatic planes as well with great results.I know many people at my field ,as well many on here that are loyal Futaba radio users & chose to use JR digital servos in their planes.I have not heard of one issue or mishap in these cases.I dont see any problems associated with this combo personally.Thats just my 2 cents worth

PS: The only problem I have heard in terms of the JR digitals is as one guy at my field who use to fly helis-He had several 8411's stall on him for unexplained reasons.On a different note stay away from the Hitec 5245 mini Digitals-they are no good-has been a couple crashes potentially linked back to those.I had bought four prevously slated for use on my starfire II ails & flaps ,but have since chucked that idea I have used them on operations like gear, brakes & throttles on prop planes.

Steve
Old 12-02-2003, 01:16 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wojtek,
Do not go out an buy a new transmitter/receiver set. I fly a Futaba 9Z also and currently use JR Digitals and Hitec Digitals without one single problem. I have used the R149DP, R148DF, R148DP, and the 309DPS receivers with the JR and Hitec Digital servos and have not noticed one thing wrong.

Use your current TX/RX with the JR digitals it will not cause a problem.

Patrick.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:48 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Todd Whitkoff flies Futaba with Jr Digitals as well!!
Old 12-02-2003, 02:04 PM
PJFaller

For almost ten years I have flown Futaba radios from the super 7 to the super 8 and now the9Z and have NEVER used futaba servos. Heck everything inside the aircraft except for the receiver is all JR. I have had great success never had a problem, and with the programming capability of the 9Z I have only needed to use a matchbox once on multiple servos on a single servo. Dont worry about it. the 9Z and the JR servos will work great. And for those of you who will ask, why not JR transmitter? Back when I started I bought futaba for two reasons and have amassed many receivers. 1. thats what the hobby shop recommended and I didnt know anything so I bought what he recommended.
2. I did not like the fact on the older 10 channel JR's, you could not turn the fail-safe off. I saw many friends lose planes due to this. Now it was probably ignorance on their part, but I didnt know enough to make that decision. Plus Im a man of habit and have never had any problems with Futaba ( knock on Wood ).

Pete
Old 12-02-2003, 02:16 PM
koko

I have been ussing 9Z and JR digital combination over 2years now and not complaining...
Old 12-02-2003, 02:21 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Guys, thanx for all the great replies ... Im glad to hear Futaba / JR is not really an issue ... i think i will stick with my 9Z for now ... (however i would not mind trying out the 10X eiter , man, this stuff is adictive like drugs ... )

brg,

Wojtek
Old 12-02-2003, 07:39 PM
Mace
My Feedback: (21)

Here's a combo for ya. I have a BVM Maverick with a Hitec rx, all JR servos and an old Futaba 9Z and have had no problems at all on the ground or in the air.