Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > AMT Netherlands
Reload this Page >

AMT MURCURY ELECTRIC START ISSUE

Community
Search
Notices
AMT Netherlands Get support for AMT Netherlands products here.

AMT MURCURY ELECTRIC START ISSUE

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 01:51 PM
flightstick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMT MURCURY ELECTRIC START ISSUE

hello need some help with startup. Either I am doing something wrong or there is an issue. On startup i get my 5 beeps, the electric motor kicks on but then goes off , does this until the battery runs flat. Gas is on solonoid valve is working as i can hear a pop . Thats as far as it gets. I have checked everything, cannot find anything wrong plus no errors besides supply error after about the 4 try. So \motor spools and stops, \spools and stops , does not spin up.....
Old 02-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Ruizmilton
My Feedback: (29)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: AMT MURCURY ELECTRIC START ISSUE

Check your EGT probe, motor will not spin up until the required temperature rise is detected once ignition on gas takes place. Seems EGT probe is bad (you should get an error message, seems you did not) or not inserted on the tail cone correctly or at all.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:28 AM
flightstick

Hello,

I have checked it all is ok, i do see a rise in temp on the EDT, she still just pops and nothing more. I think maybe my battery might be bad, takes a full charge but when i go into the start sequence the voltage drops down to 10.2 volts as the electric motor starts spinning up. Could this be a cause for this ...
Old 02-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Skycat66

Hi,

Properably this causes the problem. We have two setpoint for battery. One before starting and one for check during running.

Do you get an error on the EDT or a sequnce of beeps. If you down have a EDT please count high pitch beeps before low beep.

Regards,

Ray Struik
AMT Netherlands
Old 02-09-2012, 11:10 PM
flightstick

Ray,

Thanks, found the battery pack was not good. had a new pack made up 1500mha 10 cell Nicad, but still i get no start. Im using 50% mix of butane and propane as the starting gas. I have tried cold and hot plugs but still the same. The only beep I get is before it goes into start sequence, 5 beeps it spins up, pops once on the spin down but no ignition. Now I'm thinking that maybe this is a gas issue. I have bi-passed the gas solenoid as well thinking maybe i had an issue with the hardware but still the same. To check if the ECU is fine I applied some heat with a heat gun to the EGT probe, here all is fine ECU detects the temp change and starts spinning the motor. So in a nutshell I have a ignition problem.....Maybe i should try normal LPG gas...with a hot plug.

rgds

gary