Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

darn header screws..

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 03:52 PM
bradz24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default darn header screws..

Ok I bought a RS4 RTR 3 about two weeks ago. I have had good luck with the car so far but I am having a problem with one thing.. about everyother time I run the car the header screws vibrate loose(and it makes a mess of my car). I have looked at the directions and they do not call for using LocTite. I have torqued these bad boys down big time and they still vibrate loose. I think I need to but the LocTite on them but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Just wondering. .

on my way to my hobby shop now to buy some screws and a new gasket since this time I lost it.

any help would be great. thanks..

also it is only like 30 degrees here when I am running the car.. could this be a why I am having this problem? The hobbie shop told me that with running it in the cold it would not run as strong.

*shrug..

thanks for any help everyone.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:17 PM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

Yes I have had the same problem on the same car! I also live in Michigan, and it happened at about the same temperature. Anyways, The only problem was that I totally lost my screws, so I went to the hobby store and got some new ones, and since then it has been perfect......and I have not put any loctite on. Do not screw them in too tight, for it will do you no more good than just putting them on very snug. Hope this helped.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:52 PM
dg2b

I now use rear exhaust which uses spring but when I used side exhaust, I used to buy longer screws and put a lock nut on them.
Old 12-05-2002, 01:57 AM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

That is also another good fix if the new screws don't work.
Old 12-13-2002, 03:02 AM
kyokai2

Default Header Prob.

All you need to do is get some longer screws and put some locknuts on the end of the screws. Problem fixed.
Old 12-13-2002, 04:03 AM
ringelbeast

Default Screws

Use longer screws with lock nuts. If you check out HPI site, they suggest not using any locktite on any parts of the engine.