Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

2 Elmod questions and a coaxial MG question.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

2 Elmod questions and a coaxial MG question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2020, 05:10 PM
Mono67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Elmod questions and a coaxial MG question.

Hope this finds everyone well and healthy. It's odd to be playing with toys (albeit expensive ones) when one's business is swirling around the drain, but it is the only thing that has made me smile in the last few weeks. I have three questions, so here goes. What I have is a Taigen Tiger 1, mid version, all metal, with Airsoft recoil. I have put in a Visaton FRS7 speaker, G.I. Smoker Baroness 2 smoke unit, and an Elmod Fusion Pro into it.

Everything is good and I like all the choices I have made. The Elmod is pretty incredible, I'm going for the most accurate, scale movements I can achieve. I want this thing to move like the real monster it was. The only drawback is so many of the functions are on the sticks, while many switches go unused on my FrSky Taranis QX7S. It takes a while but one does get used to it, although I'm still learning my way around it and the Elmod board too. I don't have anything else to compare this board with except the original stock Taigen V3 board so take my comments as you will.
First question is, has anyone figured out the exact parameter settings for scale top speed (forward, reverse etc.)? I know the formula to use but I'm lazy and wondering if anyone else did the work for me. By the way, it has the stock 390 motors and 4:1 H/L steel gearboxes.

Second question, I'm starting to fool around with the sound card manager of the Elmod. I would like to set up some user sounds, does anyone have some Wave files of sounds such as German battle commands etc. that they would like to share?

Finally I have a beautiful all metal coax MG for the turret of my Tiger (compliments from Dominique in Germany - shout out to him for awesome customer service). Has anyone replaced the "angry, red, Cyclops eye" on their tank, and if so how did you go about it? I'm assuming I need to solder it into the leads for the shot warning light and then locate the connecter in the turret main connection to reroute to the Aux. MG plug on the Elmod board? OR...just disabling the warning light and running a new lead all the way to the appropriate connection on the board? This is why I come to you guys as I'm very much a cherry FNG type yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and take care out there in the "new normal".
Cheers.
Old 04-12-2020, 08:52 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Hi. Regarding the "funtions in the sticks drawback" Program your radio, I dont have not even one function on the sticks. Nothing. All goes to the switches.

Sound files: You can download everything from youtube, extract from videogames, but beware, the audio must have the same quality as the elmod files, so you have to edit it with audacity or something like that.

Machine gun: I use orange leds. Just connect the machine gun led to the board where it is indicated in the instructions.

I published my review here and you can see I can trigger the things with the switches and never with the sticks. Play the videos with audio:

https://radindustries.wordpress.com/...ion-pro-rev-f/

Old 04-14-2020, 07:37 AM
Mono67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Elmod questions and a coaxial MG question.

Hi Rad, good to talk to you again.
Thanks for the info. Awesome site you have and a very complete review of the Elmod Fusion board. Beautiful work on your tanks! Nice video on the user sounds...shows just how far you can take it and the capabilities of the Elmod.
Thanks again for the help,
Cheers!