Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Spektrum Recievers....

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 12:20 PM
rascal35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum Recievers....

I just recieved the Spektrum AR6110 microlite park flyer as a gift. Does this mean its specifically designed for certain planes, or could I potentially put this reciever in an EDF Jet? Im not going to but was curious as to its limits, since the receiver specifically says "microlite". I also have the AR6110e and wanted to know its limits. The reciever does not claim "microlite" and boasts the "e" in its model number. What does this mean? Currently I have an AR500 which I will use in my Parkzone Corsair, the AR6110e which I think I will use in my new Nitroplanes FMS Skytrainer (Unbelieveable for the price, I would strongly reccommend you buy this before they sell out), and the AR6110 which I think I will put in my Alula glider. Do these match the planes I will be using, or is this an unusual setup? Spektrum claims DSM2 technology is unmatched and redundant as hell, so I was hoping to hear that I could technically speaking, use the Microlite reciever in almost anything. Thanks for your input.....
Old 10-24-2009, 09:18 PM
OEMFlyer

Default RE: Spektrum Recievers....

The 6110 and 6110e are the same except for the location of the pin outs. The "e" stands for end pins (the pins come out of the end of the receiver). Both of these receivers are upgraded versions of the 6100 and 6100e receivers. They are made for parkflyers and are not considered full range. I would not use these in a sailplane. The AR500, AR6200, AR7000 etc. are full range receivers would be a better choice for a sailplane and larger models.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:47 AM
rcmiket

The 6100 is full range just not recommended for larger stuff. We use them in 450 size helicopters, sailplanes and EDF's all the time here. To be honest I wish they were still around I liked the way they mounted in helicopters. Mike
Old 10-28-2009, 02:58 PM
OEMFlyer

ORIGINAL: rcmiket

The 6100 is full range just not recommended for larger stuff. We use them in 450 size helicopters, sailplanes and EDF's all the time here. To be honest I wish they were still around I liked the way they mounted in helicopters. Mike
I agree that they are suitable for parkflyers and helis. Horizon's product page states this. The reason being-parkflyers and helis are flown at shorter ranges. Although it has been done, sailplanes are typically flown at farther ranges than even large scale model aircraft and I wouldn't use a parkflyer receiver in any of my sailplanes.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Rockfish88

I have an AR6200 that I'd like to use in a smaller plane.  Can anyone tell me if they've used this receiver without the second box connected, i.e, with only the one receiver?  Everything work fine?
Old 06-13-2010, 04:06 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

No! you can't use the AR6200 without the satellite.

I'd suggest to go with the AR500 for a smaller plane if you need full rande.
ORIGINAL: Rockfish88

I have an AR6200 that I'd like to use in a smaller plane. Can anyone tell me if they've used this receiver without the second box connected, i.e, with only the one receiver? Everything work fine?
Old 06-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Rockfish88

Why not? I went ahead and tried it, and it seems to work fine. I haven't flown yet but hooking it up on the bench all controls work and seems to be a perfectly workable setup.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:46 PM
OEMFlyer

I don't know if it will work or not. This would be a question to ask Spektrum or Horizon hobby. If you are going to try this anyway, I would make sure it will pass a range check first.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:04 PM
TedMo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would you or anyone compromise a rx's range? Must be an awfully small plane that could not fit an AR6200.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:23 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Rockfish88

Why not? I went ahead and tried it, and it seems to work fine. I haven't flown yet but hooking it up on the bench all controls work and seems to be a perfectly workable setup.
this is a no brainer rockfish88

Plese DO NOT complain back here about a "failed" Spektrum when your plane crashes if you don't use the Rx the way it was designed to be used!

Your argument reminds me of an old movie....DUM & DUMMER