Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Which Is Better?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Dmann714

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Is Better?

Hello, I am wondering which would be a better buy, a Traxxas Slash RTR or either a Losi mini slider or a losi mini late model. As I have said in another thread I am planing to make an dirt RCoval. all are about the same price. If there are any owners of any of the mentioned cars let me know your opinion of them or if there are any major defects please let me know.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Jailbird1818
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Which Is Better?

I don't own any of them but I do have an opinion. I would go with the Slash (even though I am a Losi fan). To me the mini thing gets old. I have a bunch of heavily modified minis that I have never ran and now want to get rid of. The Stampede my wife bought me gets ran almost every day. I'm not a racer just a basher. The larger scales are just more fun to me, and the Slash is about the best bang for the buck this hobby has ever seen.

-JB
Old 08-24-2009, 06:52 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I too would go with a Slash. These look like extremely fun trucks to driver and as we speak, I bet there are about a dozen or so aftermarket companies scrambling to make hop-up parts for them.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Gex_61

The car you want to run is completely up to you. There are many options for dirt oval because any RC can run on a flat surface. Offroad RC's are cool because you can switch the setup back if you do want to run offroad.

I will say that I have been enjoying the Open 1/18th class more than anything right now. I'm liking it because it's one of the fastest classes on the track, and the cars are relatively cheap to maintain.

I have also mostly run in the 1/10 Expert Truck class (stock stadium trucks with oval bodies). This is a very fun class to drive in, and around here, the attendance is highest for this class. You almost always have a B-Main just at a regular club race.

The Short Coarse class is one of the largest now too, but I haven't gotten into it yet. I view the Slash as more of an offroad class. If I were going to get involved with a slower paced spec class like this, I would much rather get a Legends car.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:27 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

After going up to 1/10, 1/8. I find minis are kind of too small now. You will have more fun with the Slash. The Slash looks more 1/18 due to the size of its body and it is alot of fun! you will like the Slash.

I think you haven't seen the three cars in person(Just guessing)... You will know which one to pick after you see them in person.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Dmann714

Ihave seen all three cars in person, my uncle owns a mini late model and a mini slider and I have also seen all three race. The mini late model is a good car for carpet racing and a smooth dirt oval. I am not a huge fan of off-road racing and that is the one thing that seprates the three in my mind as all three can be raced on carpet. Though I could adapt to off road if I got a Slash(and I am looking at the regular sized Slash not the 1/16th Slash).
Old 08-25-2009, 02:48 AM
TIGER76

Like others have said size wise get the slash tons more fun,may not be able to use it as much in the house but can run outside in alot more places than the minis
Old 08-25-2009, 12:47 PM
MeBaD

I have a slash, a revo 3.3 (with a .21 on it), a rc18t that is ridiculously decked out, a blackfoot (vintage), and a micro-t. I worked on the 18th scale to get it able to run outdoors and after a lot of suspension work it will run on off-road tracks and take jumps close to a buggy/truggy. I race the slash and with minor adjustments in a spec class (shock oil, rpm gear cover, cvd's) I have broken a few things on my revo and rc18t but only 1 thing on the slash (Bearing casters - replaced with rpm ones for 9 bucks)

If you just plan to do an oval with no jumps than a slider or slash (depending on the size of the oval) will work. I think the slash will be more out of the box ready to go but I can't really say that for sure as I do not have the other models. Change the oil in the slash shocks and it is really RTR.

MeBaD
Old 08-27-2009, 11:45 AM
khudzik

Between the ones you listed I'd go with the Slash. The truck is a lot of fun and a challenge to drive.
http://www.overdriverc.com/proddetail.php?prod=TRA5805
Old 08-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Chris_RC

Hope you are a paid advertizer on this site khudzik. You might get banned just like you did on rctech for posting too many overdriverc links promoting your website.