Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Going brush less and been looking at this kit

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Going brush less and been looking at this kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Troopermanaic
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going brush less and been looking at this kit

I been looking at this kit because it seems to be the best price/ performance and it goes pretty fast as well http://www.nitrorcx.com/ezrun-brushl...-combo-c4.html but I am afraid I might burn it out in my 1/8 truggy which I am converting from nitro to brush less.

Am I able to get a better kit for my money? I am not looking to spend more then $250 without lipos.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:30 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Going brush less and been looking at this kit

The EZ-run systems are pretty much the best you can get for that money, and aren't bad either.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Druss

As a note you can buy a refurbished Novak HV Maxx from their website for $175 for the esc and motor ($100 for esc and $75 for motor). They have a 1 month warranty or something... probably better than what EZRun offers...

I won't comment on which is a better system though as I don't have either.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Troopermanaic

I don't know much about brush less systems so I don't know which is better also do you have a link?
Old 08-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Druss

I'd have to say that Novak probably has better quality but I'm not sure about the performance of the two systems.

The novak is only 4S lipo capable but that's not too big a deal.

http://www.shopatron.com/index/135.0.7521.0.0.0.0
Old 08-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Troopermanaic

actually I saw some vids on youtube of people who have the very same ezrun kit and it works extremely well with 1/8 RC I am just hoping it will work well with the stock GS XUT PRO gearing as its meant for nitro. I might try later on using a 2 speed tranny =D but for now I gotta get what I can. Can anyone recommend me some good lipo batteries that wont overheat or loose charge too soon?
Old 08-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Troopermanaic

aside from searching for a lipo I just had an idea. If anyone is willing to participate with me that is. I am figuring out that I can replace the whole nitro tranny with a savage flux one instead that is of course with custom brackets to hold it down but I can make those on my own. The pictures below are how I am gunna explain this.

The gains I can see from this is a sealed tranny with less slippage because the nitro tranny has like a half inch slip before it turns the wheels and better center of gravity. The losses I see here are just alittle added weight but that I am not concerned about.

Here is a pic of the tranny I plan on replacing

Far away shot as you can see the dog bones are not adjustable but I have a possible fix for this read below

as you can see I cant just replace the dog bones with another because these are special they have a ball type of dog bone on one end and needs to be screwed in the joint.

The possible fix I have for this is that I have an extra smaller dogbone shaft that is if the tranny is too fat for both dogbones

I was wondering if anyone can measure their savage flux tranny from end to end all the way to the ends of dogbone holder so that I can mesure mine and see if I would have any problems fitting this. IF I can fit this I am gunna go buy one and start fabbing parts to hold it in place also will give a excellent story to tell on RCU =]

This is the bottom of the flux tranny it looks like it will be suitable to replace my current tranny.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Troopermanaic

OH MAN I forgot I had a nitro savage LOL. I riped out the tranny to test out how the configuration would be seeing the tranny is almost the same as the flux and I am not happy with the results. I can see my dog bones snapping this way.

I did a quick roll test and everything seems to work fine though. The spur gear spins when I turn the wheels and there is no grinding but still its all the way on the side of the car and thats bad. Do you know of any trannies that would be slimmer?

Here is where I want the gearbox to be located

as you can see this is how far the dog bone goes on the tranny, it needs to be smaller. Now im stuck any suggestions?

*edit* Found the dog bone I need to make this fit. NOW does anyone know where I can get a complete Savage flux gearbox? I don't know all the parts it comes with so I need help tracking down all the parts.

I saw the 3 speed savage tranny but I don't know how that would work with electric and I don't know it that would bolt up. If you know where I could find a already assembled savage tranny that would be great. Thats all I need to make this work.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Jailbird1818
My Feedback: (5)

I would shop ebay. I have been buying up LST parts from sellers that dis-assemble new vehicles and sell the parts. I don't know if there are any that do Savages.

Just did a quick ebay search. It looks like there are about 9 of them there now, all are arround $50.

-JB
Old 08-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Troopermanaic

sounds good I am gunna do that but if anyone comes across a brand new savage flux gearbox can you let me know? I am gunna custom fab a box around the gearbox so that it will hold both the drive train and motor as well as the esc. Good thing I am good with 3d ill show you all an explanation later when I figure the dimensions of the gearbox.