Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

DLdesigns edge 540 any problems

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

DLdesigns edge 540 any problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 12:20 AM
marc morin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLdesigns edge 540 any problems

Considering purchase of this plane because tail assembly as a whole unit comes off for easy transportation to the field .also has variable airfoil.Any one know of any problems with plane ?
Old 10-21-2002, 10:55 PM
WalkerBoh-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Egde 540

Problems with the plane? I don't have any with mine. As for the removable tailfeathers.......good luck. I built them into mine, but never remove them as I have to take off both elevator control rods, both rudder clevises (pull-pull) and 4 flying wire clevises. If you're in a pinch for space, you can pull them off, otherwise save youself the trouble and build them permanent.

The reason I built mine removeable was to build 2 tails. A flat tail for sequence flying and an airfoil tail for 3D flying. I decided that building another tail would be difficult at best to align so I scrapped that idea.

The plane fly BEAUTIFULLY. It's the most neutral plane I have and the light weight wings make it start and stop manuvers on a dime. I highly recommend this aircraft. You can see mine at: www.plane-crazy.com in the R/C section.

-Aaron