Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

What should i get

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 12:29 AM
brendonv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should i get

I want to drift but i also want to race im looking at the TC4, Sprint 2, Cyclone S, Losi xxx-s and the TT01. I dont want to spend over 350 AUS, which one will go the fastest stock? I dont want to spend 350 on a car then have to buy a brushless for it, i currently have a TL01 so compare speed to that. My surface will mostly be road and a outdoor tennis/basketball court, im aware of the belts and rocks but it can be fixed with covering the diff i believe.

Thanks,

From Brendon.v
Old 04-14-2008, 07:45 PM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: What should i get

I don''t think you''d want the tt-01. Although it''s a strong, well made car, it doesn''t excel at racing. I''d say go with the Sprint 2; there is even a drift version of it.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:50 AM
brendonv

Ive picked the Losi xxx-s, my LHS doesnt have the sprint 2 so the only option for parts would be the internet, plus i would hav to buy from tower hobbies and that means no warranty. My LHS has the losi xxx-s for $300 AUD which is $278 USD, is this a good choice? How fast does the Losi go stock? Answers only from people that have or know about the car please. please give me some info on the car, For example Pros and Cons.

Thanks,

From Brendon.v
Old 04-15-2008, 05:38 AM
SavageSask

i have the xxx-s, and it''s a great car, it''s all sealed up so no worries about rocks and grit... very durable and easy too work on. I fell in love with carpet racing last year, and my LHS said that the xxx-s would be the best starter car for my budget. parts are cheap too!
I''d like too say it goes about 30m/h out of the box but i''m not certain. Just spend alittle more money and drop a 19t in there with a big pinion gear on there , and she rips hard. Mind you i also had too upgrade my esc then because i fried the original.
Hope you get it, you wont regret it.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:27 AM
brendonv

Im getting it tomorrow
Old 04-15-2008, 08:54 AM
brendonv

will the losi hold stick packs?? Need to no fast!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:15 AM
SavageSask

ya, it will but there loose in there, so i usually just duck tape the stick pack too the battery strap.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:29 AM
brendonv

ok sick, im using a 7.2v 4600mah nihm, Is it really RTR or do i need more stuff to get it going? Is it a really good car for the price or can i get something better? Any simple, cheap mods i can do to improve performance? Any other good things you want to say about the car? Is it easy to setup?