Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

MY RS4 3 HAS A PROBLEM HELPPP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 10:10 PM
RS4 BuDDy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY RS4 3 HAS A PROBLEM HELPPP!!!

my rs4 3 has a problem, the car starts and moves lik almost full throttle, then when i break the engine stops. i dono what wrong, the only thing i have done was get a racing clutch for it. thanks
jason
Old 11-27-2003, 10:35 PM
Roger_Ramjet

Default RE: MY RS4 3 HAS A PROBLEM HELPPP!!!

I think you need to adjust your idle speed needle.
With my one i had the same problem and it was because every time i applied brake the carb gap would fully close and choke the engine.
so i found that the idle speed screw can take care of this problem. You need to have a 1mm gap minimum when brake is fully applied.
Old 11-28-2003, 01:25 AM
rodrigo1508

you may also be too rich
Old 11-28-2003, 01:31 AM
rodrigo1508

If you are not to rich you may have worn out your clutch or once or twice I have this problem and It turned out that I had the last 2 screws of my graphite upper deck too tight I had to put some O rings between the upper deck and the rear gear case and loosen up a little the screws
Old 11-28-2003, 01:35 AM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was it fine before you put the racing clutch in it?

If the answer is yes,you probably need to adjust the clutch by changing the mounting holes...and cutting off the excess part of the shoes.

If it was messed up before you put the clutch in,I'd have to ask why you didn't try to fix it first before modding it.you might not be lean enough to reach the RPM needed to engage the clutch,,good luck and keep us updated.
Old 11-28-2003, 05:51 PM
nitrofreak74

i had the same problem with my mt if you have taken the clutch apart there are to washers, one on each side of the needle bearing if the inside bearing is missing the clutch bell will rub on the fly-wheel causeing it to move and when you hit the brakes the fly-wheel stops also.