Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Mix it up, .15 in my jato????? Short track?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Mix it up, .15 in my jato????? Short track?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 02:00 PM
nitroholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mix it up, .15 in my jato????? Short track?

Like for quik off the line,slow down go around and take off.The 3.3,we all know the front end doesn't like touching the ground,the .18 might be the same.What do all ya's think?Any suggestions mabey where i can also use the ez start on a smaller engine.Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97959.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	1581070  
Old 03-19-2011, 04:06 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 82 Likes on 75 Posts
Default RE: Mix it up, .15 in my jato????? Short track?

ORIGINAL: nitroholic

Like for quik off the line,slow down go around and take off.The 3.3,we all know the front end doesn't like touching the ground,the .18 might be the same.What do all ya's think?Any suggestions mabey where i can also use the ez start on a smaller engine.Thanks.
Personally, I'd just add weight to the front of the car or gear it down. I was going to gear my 3.3 Jato down some to keep the wheelies more at-bay and maybe get the top end a bit better.

besides - didnt you just put that engine in that car not too long ago?
Old 03-19-2011, 04:08 PM
rc awesome

I would add some weight and gear it down. That should help
Old 03-19-2011, 05:04 PM
nitroholic

I thought about weighing the front down,but then more stress on the everything.Gearing,i have so many different combinations,my goodness,for gearing what would you suggest,so far a tried a 20 bell 48 factory spur,16 bell/58-18/58-16/53 i think,18/53 maybe 23/something but then the pitches may change,you know what i mean? It's like huh,***.lol you know.Cause i to would like more top end,i agree with both of ya's,so for gearing.Next ratio.I'll try it and be sure to let you'll know,cause right now any and all suggestions are appreciated.