Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Batterypack for TX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 07:05 AM
Test005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batterypack for TX?

Newbie here with a 2 basic questions.

I'm new in rc cars, and have just bought a 1/8 Buggy.
It came with a 27Mhz AM radio, named: "HPI TF-4".

1. I have a good Futaba cr-2000 battery charger, but this TX works on eight standard AA-batteries, are there any rechargeble battery packs I can put in it so I can use my Futaba fieldcharger?
I guess I easily can replace the four AA batteries in the car to any 6V rechargeable pack, but I need ideas on the TX battery solutions.

2. This is my first radio (and car) and have noticed some glitches in the radio system.
Should I consider replacing this AM TX/RX with a FM system to get it more safe/reliable?
Old 04-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Batterypack for TX?

You can probably use rechargeable AAs and charge them with your charger. I don't know about your location, but here Radio Shack sells "battery holders" that can be used when charging batteries. I've used both their AA and AAA holders and have adapted them using Deans connections and/or simple alligator clips in order to connect them to my chargers.

You probably would receive less glitching running FM, but you would need to change both the receiver and crystals too. And if it is a Losi Mini-T, the servo as well since it has a four wire connector. I own two FM radios and one is the Futaba T3PK, which I use the most of any of my radios since I also have the AM Conversion Module and use it to run Mini-Zs.

Have you checked out Futaba's CDR-5000? Temp probe, 1-36 cells, etc. I saw both the CR-2000 and the CDR-5000 for the first time this past weekend. I came close to picking up a Turbo since I fried an MRC 969 power supply at a race. Luckily, I had a Novak Millennium Pro as a back up (along with another charger). However, since the MRC reps had a booth set up where I was racing they simply replaced the power supply. Consequently, I figured that I'd do a little more checking into the CDR-5000 (which was on display at the race/event, but not for sale). One of the Great Plains reps was using the CR2000 for his own personal use while he was there and said he enjoyed it. He is also the same person who pointed out the CDR-5000.