Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What new nitro should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 02:46 PM
mval9188

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What new nitro should i get?

Its that time of the year again got gift cards for tower so I will be getting a new nitro and I want to know your opinions on what to get. Right now i have a Tmaxx 3.3, vendetta rally, and a Duratrax rtx 27. I am looking to get a buggy or a monster truck again. I am looking at around a $350 limit. I was interested in the traxxas slayer 3.3 or the ofna hyper 7 buggy. I will be doing some off roading on grass and dirt but not much mostly driving on pavement. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:13 PM
jermainezey

Default RE: What new nitro should i get?

am looking for sum thing new to get as well am not really trying to spend more then 239.99 for the rc am not sure if i want a monster or truugy right now i have a mmgt 3.0 a traxxas nitro stampede a tornado bb buggy and a nitro on road car, i dont like elec rcs so am looking for nitro ones only i seen a cen monster truck on tower for 239 am not sure how good it is and am kinda think about get this CEN Racing Magnum NX 4WD GP RTR
Old 12-26-2009, 03:14 PM
futureboy1969

Imo.....I think a buggy would be a good choice. I have a lot of different trucks and when I pull out the buggy i alway say i should run this baby more often.
I run monster trucks alot bcuz of all the rough ground. but on tracks and ,dirt, parking lots, stone ,and track jumps like doubles and tripples the fly so nice.
hyper 7 is a nice buggy too.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:53 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You might want to look at stadium trucks also.
One of my favorite RC's is a HPI MT2 with masher 2k's on it. Flies through grass like its nothing, and its 4wd. Mine looks like a Monster Truggy the way I got it set up
Old 12-26-2009, 04:58 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hyper 7 all the way for the money.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:08 PM
jermainezey

You might want to look at stadium trucks also.
One of my favorite RC's is a HPI MT2 with masher 2k's on it. Flies through grass like its nothing, and its 4wd. Mine looks like a Monster Truggy the way I got it set up
got any pics of yours
Old 12-26-2009, 06:59 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

yes actually
Put pics of all but 2 of my RCs in my gallery last night (they 2 are still 100% stock)
but heres the pic for the sake of ease
It started life as a Stock MT1.
Bought it this April and broke most the stock parts off seeing they were brittle from being I estimate 8ish years old seeing from what I could find about the truck, it had the original MT1 engine model in it.
Replaced almost all the parts with a MT2's, except the center gear that is the only difference with my truck and a stock MT2 (MT2's have a slipper gear, mine doesn't), Also added a wing with a mount which was made out a Raze's center brace set, baja5b wing, firestorms mount set, and the wings off a Revo. dunno if I put enough other vehicles parts on my truck yet
Would take more pics but I don't own the camera I just borrow it on occasion
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37337.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1342305  
Old 12-26-2009, 07:09 PM
rast4man
My Feedback: (10)

I personally want a Hyper 7 TQ Black just because I drove one and was absolutely impressed. Maybe check into those. Not sure how much they are and don't have time right now to check but it's a good investment. Wonder what Jato 2.5's go for now? Those things are crazy fast on and off road.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:58 PM
ALL RIDER

I BOUGHT A HYPER 7 BLACK FROM TOWER OVER THE SUMMER AND IT IS AWESOME, I ALSO OWN A T-MAX 3.3 AND VARIOUS OTHER TRUCKS WITH THE WWRIGHT COUPON CODE YOU CAN GET THAT BUGGY WITH EXTRAS FOR 270 SHIPPED GOOD LUCK
Old 12-26-2009, 08:14 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

that buggy actually looks pretty nice
Its really tempting to get one a 1/8th for that price.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:10 PM
mval9188

so between a jato 3.3, slayer, mt2, and a hyper 7 what would be the best bet. The only thing im hesitant about the hyper 7 is parts availability and thats why i have always liked traxxas. I haven't heard too many people liking the slayer so im guessing maybe its not that good. Just looking for something different from a monster truck need opinions on these 4 let me know please
Old 12-31-2009, 05:31 PM
rast4man
My Feedback: (10)

Personally, I'd get the Jato or Hyper 7. I'm getting a Jato next week (it's in the mail) and I've heard and seen great things from them. They are very fast and very durable. I'm also getting a T-Maxx which should also be as durable. You'd probably have more fun with the Jato as it performs amazing both on and off road. That's my 2 pennies.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:55 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hyper 7 hobao, for the money, very tough. Hyper is stronger than a T-Maxx by miles.