Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

No Bs Rpm Numbers Pls

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 08:31 PM
Wheely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Bs Rpm Numbers Pls

can anybody give me SPECIFIC rpms on SPECIFIC props with SPECIFIC mufflers systems for DA100's AND ZDZ 120's please!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2003, 08:18 AM
flyin_hot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yep!

DA 100 KS 70cc Canisters With KS Header Kit
Header Legnth 12" per DA recomendations
2 blade Mej. 28-10 6700 (Prop is bearable on ground...howls like $#-^ in the air!!! LOL The brute low end power the DA puts out will literally rip this prop at half throttle! Not good! Good for breakin, but take it easy on the throttle! )

3 blade AM 26-12 6200 (Prop is whisper quiet on ground, electric quiet in the air...sooo soo nice)

3 Blade Mej. 25-12 5800 (haven't got much testing, but pulls harder, downline braking is better, seems about the same soundwise...seems to 'groove' better) <<<Those are my INITIAL impressions of this prop, and while the difference was noticeable, I need more time in differing condiditions to see what it's gonna do. I do know this...the way it's flying my plane now, it's a noticeable improvement. Even at the lower RPMS it pulls harder, and slower than the AM. The AM takes more speed to maintain energy...this prop just pulls like a tractor! I was very impressed with it for my first two outings with this prop! I logged a total of 11 flights with it.

Other general info concerning these tests...
Temp. approximately 80 degrees on all above numbers
Fuel Amoco Ultra Premium 93 and Amsoil 100:1
Readings were taken during actual contest conditions or the practice day before with one exception...the Mej 3 blade I just recieved a few weeks back. It has been tested at the field in practice only...temp about 75 the first outing, and 80 on the second.