Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Graphic for P51 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 08:39 PM
Polle-DK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Graphic for P51 Mustang

Hi there

I´m going to built the 1/4scale Mustang from 3W.

I was wondering - is there someone who fabricate graphics for such one?

I got scale graphics for my 1/3scale Extra33o from Diehard Graphics. But it looks like they only make warbird graphic if I sent them documentation.

Poul
Old 07-04-2002, 12:09 AM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

Scroll down to bottom of page for the 9 or 10 different P-51
graphics sets. No prices listed but you have to call.

http://www.pro-mark.com/pricelis.htm

Randy
Old 07-04-2002, 01:02 AM
INJUN_EAR
Banned

http://www.model-graphics.com
Old 07-04-2002, 01:26 PM
viper16

Polle, I would be interested in finding out what you think of the kit, quality etc, and when it is finished it's flight qualities. Thanks
Old 07-05-2002, 04:43 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Most folks who produce graphics prefer to have documentation of some sort so decals can be reproduced to suit your specific needs. There are variations within photo sets of the same wabird (different publications and different time frames when photos were taken). During the war some warbirds went through multiple sets of nearly identical markings due to retirement or destruction.

Another request from some graphics producers ( I personally request this info) is key dimensions from the model's airframe. A 1/5 scale P-51 from one kit manufacturer will often differ in multiple dimensions from another manufacturer. Decals to fit a 1/5 scale TopFlite P-51 will not properly fit a Pica 1/5 scale. The same applies to aerobatic birds of equal scale.

Most of us have previous decal art on file and can modify it to fit or produce a new set from documentation provided by yourself or researched by ourselves. My personal method is to build the art and scale it to dimensions I will request you take from the airframe or plans. Actual size paper proofs are printed and mailed for size checking on the airframe. Once any adjustments are complete, final decals are produced. This assures proper fit and types of markings you want.

Drop an email if I can assist further.

Thanks,