Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Any flying fields in the Tampa, Fl. area?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Any flying fields in the Tampa, Fl. area?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 11:59 AM
tomcatman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any flying fields in the Tampa, Fl. area?

I will be visiting family in Valrico and Zephyrhills during the 3rd week of October, both very close to Tampa and I was wondering if there are any clubs in the immediate area? I am also seriously considering a relocation to Zephyrhills for the summer of '07. If anyone knows of any clubs, the exact addresses would be greatly appreciated so I can mapquest them for directions. Thanks.

Richie
Old 08-28-2006, 12:04 PM
philreuman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any flying fields in the Tampa, Fl. area?

the best one is on highway 52 3.5 miles east of us 41. zhills is very close. we are known as bay city flyers. you can get all the info by calling charlies hobbies on waters ave in tampa. this is the nicest field within 100 miles and it is fantastic. 2 runways and mowed twice a week. phil
Old 08-28-2006, 12:43 PM
jetguy34695
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do they allow jets there, it is a grass field and from what I have heard no jets allowed. West Pasco model assoc on sr 54 is paved and they allow jets and in Sarasotta also allows jets and is one of the best clubs in the area
Old 08-29-2006, 01:48 PM
tomcatman

OK...can anyone else chime in on this one? I'm hoping that there's at least one club close enough without a grass runway. Thanks again...

Richie
Old 08-29-2006, 02:36 PM
jetguy34695
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.wpmpa.org/

west pasco model pilots assoc very close to tampa
Old 08-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Gordito Volador
My Feedback: (1)

As far as I know there are no jet friendly fields in Tampa. TRACS and Triple Creek are on county land and there is a great concern about the danger of fire. Sarasota is the closest one to the south, I don't know about the north except for Ocala. The jet friendly field at Port Manatee was sold and closed. I am thinking about joining at Sarasota or Apopka (near Orlando) just so I can fly my jets other than at meets.

Regards, Bill
Old 08-30-2006, 04:53 PM
tomcatman

Thanks for the info fellas. There's a link to virtually all the fields in the general area within the site mentioned above by Jetguy. I'll try contacting the officers from these clubs via email to find out who allows jets and take it from there. Thanks again....Regards,

Richie
Old 08-30-2006, 06:01 PM
Boating Bob
My Feedback: (4)

Try the RCACF field in the Orlando area. It is a jet friendly field. Usually on the weekend (Sunday) you will find BV there. It is not to far from Graves RC. It is worth the visit
Old 08-30-2006, 06:40 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned
My Feedback: (67)

Richie,

If you don't mind the drive, you aught to swing by Markham Park ( Ft Lauderdale ). Sundays you see 15 to 20 jets, looks like a big Jet meet, guys flying all day. Wednesdays are usually very busy Jet days. I go out on Sundays when my schedule allows me to and its very fun.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:27 AM
LEOIII

The Sarasota RC Squadron on Bee Ridge in Sarasota is real nice (check the web site) Jet frendly depending on the fire danger index. 50' x500' paved runway and a grass runway.It's on top of an old landfill but really niceand "wide" open.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:38 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ocala has a nice field (600' paved), but there are speed restrictions in place. It's actually in Belleview, which is a little closer than Ocala. Contact Frank Tiano for more in the Tampa/Lakeland area. BHB3 has a winter home in Zephyrhills, and is a regular posting member here. You can send him a pm, I'm sure that he would like to hear from you.

Bill, AMA 4720