Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Using snap roll switch for brakes?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Using snap roll switch for brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 01:01 PM
Jim Cattanach

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Using snap roll switch for brakes?

I am just finishing building my Skymaster F15. This will be my first jet with wheel brakes.
I will be using a JR X388s transmitter. I am unsure of which channel to use & which switch or knob is best. The snap roll spring loaded switch position appears very handy. Is it possible to assign this switch for brakes? I have 4 auxiliary channels to choose from on my receiver, if this is of any help.
Any advice on the procedure to achieve the above, or suitable alternatves would be most welcome.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:42 PM
EddieWeeks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Using snap roll switch for brakes?

I have been using that switch for years for the breaks... I have a Futaba
and just mix breaks with breaks and ativate it with that switch..

Eddie Weeks
Old 08-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Davidso
My Feedback: (1)

Dear Jascat100;

I am not sure about that model number I guess it is the same (or similar) as JR 8103 here in the US. In anyway what you need to do is to plug your brakes (either servo or electronic valve) to one of the AUX channels. Let say you plug it in AUX 4 then you should go to the programming function of your radio and mix AUX 4 to AUX 4 and go to the second page of the mix program and activate the snap roll button ( in a JR 10X the snap button "SNP" is activated in POS 1). Make sure that you have 100% travel in the mix program when the snap roll button is PUSHED or RELEASED

Hope this will help.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:01 PM
Minch

The easiest and simplest way I have found to do brakes (I use an ultra precision UP6 brake valve) is to mix them to operate with down elevator, then mix this function with the retracts so that the brakes are only active when the wheels are down. This also ensures that any flying which requires down elevator doesn't empty the brake air tanks.

NIck