Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Sprayin' for Skeeters

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 02:59 AM
Got Smoke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprayin' for Skeeters

i have a33% H9 edge with DA 100, dubro 32oz fuel tank. just got a sullivan skywriter smoke pump and tried using a 12oz tank for smoke, i quickly found out that it's to small for my needs. i now have a 24oz tank and am having problems on where to put it. i had the 12oz stacked on top of the 32oz fuel tank with no problems. i'm not happy with putting the 24oz on top of my 32oz fuel tank for fear of cutting off fuel supply to the engine.(the fuel tank is ahead of the CG point) could i leave the fuel tank where it is and put the smoke tank behind the wing tube without creating CG problems? off course the plane will be balanced with the tanks empty but when i fill them up is my concern.
anyone have any pics on how their smoke setup looks?
also i have some oil residue on the plane after flying, is there anyway to make sure that all the oil gets burned? i'm running stock DA mufflers.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:07 AM
CptCliffhanger
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Sprayin' for Skeeters

Somke=mess!! now way around it!! I love it though! and it's going back on my next plane!!
Old 01-21-2006, 05:52 AM
wifpwcf

Hi if you put it behind the cg its cool[8D]mine is much the same when the tank is full it does some fast very fast knife edge spins[X(]when its empty they are not as fast.remember the plane will land alot diffrent with a full smoke tank.PLEASE make sure it all works at the feild with canopy of so if it bursts a line off you will see it or have a ugly day & night with babby powder cleaning the mess upit happend to me & i kept hiting the switch waiting wating it was filling filling my plane up [&:]
THIS info is from my 50cc plane maybe a 100 would carry the oil with out a real drama SHOW TIME & SM JOE WOULD NOif its a problem to carry it my 28% edge 50cc does it
cheers glen
Old 01-21-2006, 05:24 PM
Got Smoke

anyone got any pics?
Old 01-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Got Smoke

come on, somebody help me out here. nobody has pics?