Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Large Scale Spoke wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 02:46 PM
wascamp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Large Scale Spoke wheels

I am starting a 1/4 scale scratch built Woodhopper ultralight project and I need some help finding large wheels. The original used 20 inch BMX bike wheels that were the plastic spoke type. I have yet to find a scale version in the 4 inch size. Can anyone suggest a source fo them? I may have to go with Wire wheels. Aside from the Top Flight 4 inchers are there any other makers of wire wheels in the 4 to 6 inch sise. This airplane will have a 96 in span and should go about 20 lbs without engine.
I would be grateful for any information offered.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:18 PM
wertygrog
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Large Scale Spoke wheels

Hi!
I just bought a woodhopper that is 90% finished but has been sitting in a barn for who knows how long! I was hopping that you could give some advice on how to cover it, what engine to use, how to get this engine, and most likely more as I think of them! Thanks already for ansering my question on what to do for front wheels!
Thanks,
-Greg
Old 04-22-2005, 07:14 PM
badger41

Default RE: Large Scale Spoke wheels

hanger 9 in their Dynamite line has 5" 5 spoke the resemble very much like what you are looking for. 5" would be the correct size in 1/4 scale.