Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

TH .46 carburetor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 02:37 PM
mcnewbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TH .46 carburetor replacement

While trying to tighten the carburetor on my TH .46 engine, I have broken the fuel nipple off inside the carb body. (my bad)

Since youl cannot get replacement parts for TH engines now does anyone know of a replacement carb that I could use and get back running?...all the posts I have read suggest the carb is not that great to begin with (had probs keeping tight and spotty midrange) so any ideas?

Engine is less than a year old and only bench run so would hate to moth-ball it..thanks.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:00 PM
carrellh

Default RE: TH .46 carburetor replacement

I'm not sure that I could do it, but, if the carb body is not broken it should be possible to remove the broken nipple and install a new one.

edited to add:
If you do have to replace, Perry carburetors are available http://www.perrypumps.com/prod01.htm
You'll need to measure the tower carb and choose the closest match.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:37 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The TH/GMS carbs have had a few ongoing changes so if you read something that is 5 yrs old about one may not apply to you if your carb is newer.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:37 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While at the field a month or so ago, a fellow flyer and I were combatting and got together and in the ensuing dirtnap, his carb nipple broke off clean with the carb. I was able to take a small servo screw and insert it in the hole of the nipple to get it to turn and I got it out. I replaced the broken nipple with a fuel nipple from a magnum engine. I think the part ( new nipple) was not over $2.00.
It might work for your engine?

John
Old 08-23-2010, 06:41 AM
mcnewbie

Thanks for the tip!....took a jeweler's screwdriver and got the nipple out....then swapped with the muffler nipple and put it on the carb....will plug muffler like you suggest until I can replace...thanks again.