Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

TQ problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Bert93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TQ problem

Hello there. Just today i was getting ready to run my rustler with your standard stock TQ radio system.
I decided it was time to change the batteries so i opened up the radio and on the cover was all this white liquid. there was some on a few of the batteries too. not knowing what it was, i touched it and then it hit me, battery ACID! i ran to the sink to wash it off. i cleaned off the cover and threw out the batteries, put new ones in and it worked fine. my question is was this really battery acid, if so could i be hurt from touching it, could the battery acid have damaged my radio, and is this a common occurence with the TQ radio system. I was using your standard energizer alkaline AA batteries and any info would be great.
- Bert
Old 07-21-2008, 12:12 AM
Nitro-4 Tec 3.3

Default RE: TQ problem

if it is still functions normal is ok dont worry
Old 07-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Ajkracing

my friend has issues with that alot cuz he dosnt take his batterys out when he dos not use it for a while. They blow up in his transmitter as much as his revo 3.3 breaks (which is alot)
Old 09-01-2008, 03:16 AM
robwiljas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bert93

Hello there. Just today i was getting ready to run my rustler with your standard stock TQ radio system.
I decided it was time to change the batteries so i opened up the radio and on the cover was all this white liquid. there was some on a few of the batteries too. not knowing what it was, i touched it and then it hit me, battery ACID! i ran to the sink to wash it off. i cleaned off the cover and threw out the batteries, put new ones in and it worked fine. my question is was this really battery acid, if so could i be hurt from touching it, could the battery acid have damaged my radio, and is this a common occurence with the TQ radio system. I was using your standard energizer alkaline AA batteries and any info would be great.
- Bert
It won't hurt you, don't worry about it. I've had it on me many times.