Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Which is the better Ofna?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 09:59 AM
wolfie104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is the better Ofna?

im thinkin about getting a buggy and narrowed it down to 2, the OFNA Hyper 7 RTR or OFNA 9.5 RTR . i would like to know what one has the better engine and what one would be the best overall. im not racing, just out in the fields and some homemade tracks playing around. anyway, which would have the better, more reliable, faster engine and which one is built better all around? thanks
Old 05-21-2003, 01:15 PM
eltorito

Default Hyper 7 PBS

Hyper 7 PBS has a better engine. I think build quality is pretty close to the same on both. If you are not going to race why dont you go with the Ofna MBX RTR? It is around $359 and its of very good quality. Great for bashing and occasional visit to the track.
Old 05-21-2003, 01:57 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

the crew i drive with all love ofna.
there is about 6 ofna buggies when we all ge together, and they all prefer the ofna Hyper 7 Pro over any other ofna buggy.

the ofna Hyper 7 Pro PBS kit is a good deal if its not out of your budget. it comes with a starter box and the hyper .21 i think.
Old 05-21-2003, 03:09 PM
studysession

I have the PBS - Great buggy - but starter box sucks. Had to buy a different starter box. Until the motor is broke in, the starter box that comes with it is not powerful enough to turn the motor.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:00 PM
pacoson71
My Feedback: (1)

Just waiting for someone eles to put a PBS up on E-Bay for 439 again and It's MINE StudyS, could you tell me what motor is in the starting box? one or two?

Jon
Old 05-21-2003, 09:46 PM
eltorito

Default starter box

It comes with a single 740 motor. I had problems with the starter box. I believe the problems where caused by two things. 1) starter box is set up to run on two (6) cell packs and 2) the engine on the PBS has MAD compression! I converted the box to use a 12v gel cell battery and everything is peachy now. Now the box is a little heavier than before but still lighter than a metal box. I dont have to recharge the box as often. Before the conversion the batteries would only be good for about 3-4 starts. Now I can use the box for two-three days and no problem. I even run my glow plug igniter from the box.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:51 PM
pacoson71
My Feedback: (1)

that sounds pretty bad, did you buy a different box?

or did the 12v turn the motor over?

I have a duel 55o driven starter box that I use for my Reflex NT but the motors are perpendicular so the box really doesn't work well for both (I fried one of the motors trying to start a buggy allready)

Allignment of the wheel needs to be perfect so that it doesn't rub the frame of the car.