Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Hangar Nine 27% Extra anyone?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Hangar Nine 27% Extra anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 09:01 AM
cmitch232
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar Nine 27% Extra anyone?

Just saw this airplane at my LHS yesterday. Man, this is one nice airplane!! All usable hardware, and carbon fiber landing gear and tail wheel, pull-pull system included, plus a cutout and instructions for installing a DA-50. They listened to the fliers comments and hit one out of the park. Saw it doing everything everybody else was doing at the Joe Nall.

I know it's new, but wondered is anybody flying one with a DA-50? Got a DA-50 just hanging around my basement looking for a home. Any comments or building tips?

Keep 'em flyin'
Cmitch232
Old 05-25-2005, 09:06 AM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Hangar Nine 27% Extra anyone?

Mike McConville designed the plane for the DA 50. He has said that it almost has too much power. For more info check out his pilot forum, and 3d flying forum.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:32 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Do a search.... lots of threads about it here.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:13 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Yep, there are a couple of threads. I picked mine up last Friday. I hope to start assembly this weekend...with a DA-50. For now I will likely go with the slimline pitts muffler since I have it on hand, I can always add a pipe later.

Old 05-26-2005, 08:02 AM
FBaity
My Feedback: (2)

I also have one, and using YS 160DZ for power. Found the supplied engine mount ( sort of cheese and not square ) will not work for me and waiting on Hyde mount and servos. Really nice kit.

Frank Baity
AMA 38026
Old 05-26-2005, 08:53 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

This plane was not designed specifically for the DA 50. This plane is actually more suited for a Saito 220, moki 180, YS160 and the likes. Yes, the DA was an engine choice in choosing the design, but only so that Hangar 9 would have a plane for this ever-growing 50cc plane market. I gurantee you that Horizon's intentions were for this plane to be pulled by their new big block Saito over a non-horizon engine, like the DA. Sure, they have the evolution line of gassers coming. but only a complete fool would strap one of those tanks on this plane!!! The DA will definitely work for this plane and power will be no problem, but this is easily the smallest plane you would want to consider for that heavy of an engine.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:26 PM
JAkridge

Wow, Say it like it is bodyworks........ I could'nt agree more. Sure "I'm" wanting (going to) to stick my 180 in mine and have it fly like a dream, So I have a mark to set.!!!
I have read every thing I can fine on this plane, If this plane is made for a DA 50 gasser then why was'nt the 540 Edge. I just sat in my garage and did the measurements.
The 260 is longer, Ok.. thats better, but it doesnt mean it's a Gas plane IMO. Horizon / H-9 set this plane up for the new Saito 220 & the EV. Gas engine's they sell period.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:30 PM
jneesy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if its designed for the evo gas engines then its for the 45cc coming soon same weight as a da50 and in the same power range
Old 05-27-2005, 05:23 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

I still like the plane and want one, but I just can't decide between a heavy flying gasser or extremely sweet flying glow setup with the DZ160. Been trying to get away from glow lately, though, and I already have a sweetarse flying 50cc EF Yak, so maybe I can get the BME44 I was contemplating and just use this for my sport/high wind flyer...decisions, decisions!