Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Rememeber me (PT-19)??

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 08:28 PM
jw_loves_pt19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rememeber me (PT-19)??

Hello all,

anybody rememeber me at all? I was the kid that had the Pt-19 for christmas? Well, I have finally flown it 3 times today. It was my first time ever flying it. I found my problem with starting it was that the battery (1.5V) was too small for the glowplug to get hot enough. So I soldered two C's together, and now it works excellent!! Control line is so fun. I got my friend to help me push it off for me on a ballfield.

Jerry
Old 04-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Phlip

Default RE: Rememeber me (PT-19)??

Remember you? I've even wondered how you made out. It's good to hear that it's worked out for you.

Does your friend have any interest in flying? If you'd dare let him fly your plane, it might give him the "bug." I used to have a blast flying C/L planes with my next-door neighbor and best high school buddy. We flew a lot of Cox .049 powered planes, and worked up to Fox .35 powered stunters and dabbled a little with R/C (mostly boats). We built together, and walked to the schoolyard to fly. Since it's almost absolutely necessary (unless you build a launching stooge, but then you're limited to planes with landing gear) to have a buddy to fly C/L, it's good if your friend enjoys it as much as you do.

The PT-19 is fun, but as some of us mentioned in your previous thread, a simple kit-built balsa wood plane will fly so much better. Give it a try!

Phil
Old 04-25-2006, 09:11 PM
jw_loves_pt19

Default RE: Rememeber me (PT-19)??

Well, for right now I wont let him fly it. ( I don't want it wrecked) He thought it would fly just by throwing it, but it dropped at like 4 feet and snapped a rubber band. Luckly, I had a pocketful of them (good thing I did) and I just threw another one onto the cowl. I told him the right way to start it is by giving it a good push, and then let me take over the rest. Another lesson I learned is that always keep your line tight, or it will do a wicked climb then stall and nose dive, but I corrected that (thankfully) by pulling the lines tight again and twisting up, and I got it corrected once 1 foot from the ground! Im thinking of getting some wheels that will actually ROLL on the landing gear, beacause the plastic ones just skid and the PT-19, even if I try hard to land it on a dime, will always crash. Thats just like $1.50 for a pair of foamies, so i might just get those.
Its a really nice outdoor hobby for me, I will probably do it alot more!! I will though have to build a stooge so I can fly it myself.