Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Where to use after run oil?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 03:10 AM
volks-kreuzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to use after run oil?

I just picked up a AE RC10 GT and in the motor maual it says to use after run oil but don't put it in the carburator. Where are you supposed to put it. I am new to Nitro, can someone give me a hand?
Old 08-22-2003, 03:14 AM
lazoj

I put a few drops in the carb, then remove the plug and put a few drops in the engine. Pull the cord a few times.
Old 08-22-2003, 06:48 AM
Drager

every time after you run your car take off the heat sink head and put a couple drops of after run oil in it
Old 08-22-2003, 11:51 AM
kn7671

Don't put any drops into the carb.... Some of the after run oils use certain additives that can and will ruin to o-rings inside the carb, raising problems with tuning and performance you don't want. The small amount of oil you do want should go into the cylinder only after removing the glow plug.

When I turn my car off, I open the throttle on the engine and leave the glow plug out of the engine. This will help prevent moisture from being trapped inside the engine causing corrosion, or worse, hydro-lock. If your engine is really hot, and you don't remove the glow plug when through running for the day, and you live in a humid area, it is possible that as the engine cools that enough moisture could build inside the engine to cause hydro-lock situation when restarting the engine next time.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:28 PM
volks-kreuzer

Some very useful information here. Thanks for the replies!
Old 08-22-2003, 03:05 PM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Drager
every time after you run your car take off the heat sink head and put a couple drops of after run oil in it

What?!?!?!?!? Take of the head? No no no, take the glow plug out and put a few drops in and pull the starter a few times. Thats it.
Old 08-22-2003, 03:45 PM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah really....just take out the plug.I need to start doing that I think,I've been droppin it in the carb and leaving the plug out seems like a good idea,I've gone through 3-4 glow plugs and I know I'm not runnin em that hard.What is hydro locking?Maybe thats whats killin my plugs.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:04 PM
joblo1978
My Feedback: (-1)

Yeah, just remove the glow plug and put 3 drops in, putting in the carb gums up mine and makes it stick.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:34 PM
Drager

Originally posted by Avalanche
What?!?!?!?!? Take of the head? No no no, take the glow plug out and put a few drops in and pull the starter a few times. Thats it.
Eather way i usually take off the head to clean it so i put it in when i take the head off... just to clear that up for ya
Old 08-22-2003, 07:41 PM
dan1220
My Feedback: (2)

you take the head off after every run....man. Thats crazy. You dont need to take the head off to clean it. Just squirt it with denatured alcohol.
Old 08-23-2003, 04:37 AM
volks-kreuzer

use wd40 to clean the motor off
Old 08-23-2003, 04:39 AM
volks-kreuzer

Originally posted by GALAXY
yeah really....just take out the plug.I need to start doing that I think,I've been droppin it in the carb and leaving the plug out seems like a good idea,I've gone through 3-4 glow plugs and I know I'm not runnin em that hard.What is hydro locking?Maybe thats whats killin my plugs.
Hydro-lock is when a bunch of gas is trapped between the piston and the head. As a result you cannot pull the starter cord.
Old 08-23-2003, 03:00 PM
ShOzz

i have a bottle of after run oil i been meaning to use it after running but i always forget. what are the symptoms of not using it ever?