Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX10t Manual ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 07:13 AM
Boo2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX10t Manual ?

Hi,

I searched Spektrums' site for a manual for the DX10t but couldn't find it. I guess it hasn't been released yet but if anyone knows better, or knows when it will be published I'd be interested to hear....

Thanks,

Boo
Old 06-02-2011, 10:19 AM
electricpete

Default RE: DX10t Manual ?

Is there a book that tells more advanced programming for DX8. I thought I saw a US one

Pete
Old 06-04-2011, 04:32 PM
AndyKunz

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

No, there's no DX10t manual available yet.

Yes, there's a book for the DX8.

http://www.rcheli.bigcartel.com/prod...e-spektrum-dx8

Andy
Old 08-02-2011, 05:26 AM
Boo2

Can anyone from Spektrum tell me when this radio is going to be released ?

Thanks,

Boo2
Old 08-02-2011, 05:49 AM
AndyKunz

Release date is controlled by our German marketing office. You'd have to ask them.

Andy
Old 03-31-2012, 01:55 AM
Boo2

Just to update : I see a number of the UK shops are advertising it in stock now. Also, the manual has been released and is available for download [link=http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Support.aspx?ProdId=SPM2800US]here[/link] on the spektrumrc website.

Anyone rushed out and bought one yet ? Care to give a mini-review ?

Boo2
Old 03-31-2012, 07:21 AM
AndyKunz

There's a lot of talk on the German forums, as expected. Use Google to search for "Spektrum DX10t" (no quotes) and go through the first 3-4 pages. You'll want to click on the "Translate this page" if you're anything like me. Searching for DX18 turns up a lot of related hits, too.

Andy
Old 06-02-2012, 01:17 AM
AdrenaCo

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass...

Ok, will do my very best...

I just purchased this set because I needed more than 9 channels (I need "only" 11...) and the Spektrum Multiplex Transmitter Module in my "old" Multiplex MC4000 transmitter can not handle the MC4000 PPM12. Thanks Spektrum...

So, after being on the phone with Spektrum in the UK and having confirmed that I could simply link a 8ch expansion module to the receiver contained in the set would give me 18 fully proportional channels, plus the fact that I already own XX Spektrum receivers made me do the purchase.

Later I find out the 10CH receiver in the box will not accept the 8CH extension module, so I need to purchase another 9CH DSMX-Plus receiver as well. Thanks again Spektrum...

Before purchasing and verifying with Spektrum UK if there is a Telemetrie module delivered with the set and having this confirmed, I find out there is NO telemetrie module in the box. Thanks again Spektrum...

Ok, now to the DX10T:

Must admit that the transmitter even looks better in my hands than on any picture I had seen. Ergonomics are good and switching it to your preferred mode is fairly simple, be it that I had to open the back of the transmitter and still remove the throttle spring as it otherwise would not alow my stick to be completely "parked" in one end position...

But then the nightmares begin: Programming...
First of all the manual is completely useless. It's more or less a sum up of all the features, at no point will it actually give you examples of how to do certain set ups -> you figure it out.

And then the claim for being Flexible... Are you kidding me? For each model you have to select a wing type and this wing type pre-determines what's available and what isn't.

I for example have to program a glider with 2 ailerons, 4 flaps and 2 airbrakes. Max predefined option from Spektrum is 4 Ailerons and 2 flaps... No mention of airbrakes, tow hook etc.., you probably (I'm asuming here as the manual is of no use...) have to figure out some kind of mix and stick or switch assignment for yourself...

If you then go to channel assignment Spektrum has allready determined what you can and what you can't assign and Inhibited others...

Ok, so I manage to controll all ailerons and flaps together and in the right directions with my aileron stick. Now go figure out how to controll Flaps...

I manage to get the right slider (you have to figure out this is POT2..) to controll Flaps but... one of the flaps moves in the oposite direction... No way to correct this? If I put servo reverse for this servo it will work with the flaps, but the Aileron function is reversed... No way to reverse a FUNCTION for a given servo...

Now I need to figure out how to controll my 2 airbrakes together with the 4 Flaps... So I manage to have my airbrakes (both AUX5) controlled by the throttle stick. Now find out a way to have the flaps move together with the Airbrakes. How? you figure it out... I try a mixes -> throttle to Flap, to Aileron and to Tip aileron (no mention whatsoever if you have to assign this mix to only one of each pair of servos or to each individual servo).

Results make no sense... I can't figure out how to move the flaps 100% (or -100%) with the move of the trhrottle stick...

I think it is pretty desastrous... Not sure why Spektrum talks about free chioce of determining channels etc...

Maybe it's because I'm spoiled with my OLD Multiplex MC4000???
Here one can assign each possible function to any stick or switch...
One can assign each possible function to any servo and if the function you desire does not exist you kan make and name it...
If a servo gets multiple functions assigned (for example Quadroflap) you can determine Throw, Direction, Path etc. for each separate function...

That's flexibility..., thats proper programming.... come on Spektrum, what were you thinking? Wouldn't it have been better to look at something that wotks properly, improve it perhaps even further (admid, seems pretty impossible in this example) and make it available in your exuipment?

I have come from a 20 years old design transmitter to the latest and greatest from Spektrum and to me it feels as if I've been thrown back 25 yeasrs in time...

I hope I'm on a steep learning curve and that all of my issues can be resolved, but for now I feel pretty hopeless as there is no place on earth where I can get my questions answered...<br type="_moz" />
Old 06-03-2012, 11:05 AM
AdrenaCo

Managed to get everything sorted out today... everything is now programmed the way I like it.

If I can do it...

Now I won't say I find it logical how things are done, and it will be hard to figure out what does what after a while if you need to go back in and change something, but it works, and that's already something...

I did immediately after lose all my work however... I think it is because I may not have slid the on off switch 100% in the off position, but when I switched it back on again my just programmed model was completely gone...

From now on I'll make it a habit to backup my programming to the memorycard each time I did some major changes...<br type="_moz" />