Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Recommendation on helicopter.

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Recommendation on helicopter.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 05:58 PM
Buznee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendation on helicopter.

Alright guys, I am about to buy an electric heli and the ECO 8 looks great. Can you guys tell me your experience with this helicopter? I have flown rc planes alot and have flown helis on realflight and im pretty good, i can hover, land, do inverted flight, loops etc. Can you guys tell me if the eco 8 with a bit of upgrades is worth it compared to the logo 10/20?
Old 05-05-2003, 01:01 AM
rscamp

Default Re: Recommendation on helicopter.

Originally posted by Buznee
Alright guys, I am about to buy an electric heli and the ECO 8 looks great. Can you guys tell me your experience with this helicopter? I have flown rc planes alot and have flown helis on realflight and im pretty good, i can hover, land, do inverted flight, loops etc. Can you guys tell me if the eco 8 with a bit of upgrades is worth it compared to the logo 10/20?
No.

I mean, no, the Eco 8 with upgrades does not have the 3D potential of the Logos.

Rob
Old 05-05-2003, 02:36 PM
E-gpeden

Hi Danny,

The ECO 8 does not come close to the LOGO 10! But since I've never owned an ECO 8 and only seen them (and some would consider a field rep biased), I'd like to refer you to "fig8" on the logomaniacs forum referenced in my sig. This weekend in the chatroom, he was just describing what happened when he brought his LOGO 10 to the LHS to show to the "ECO 8 boys" He's owned both helis and has some pretty strong opinions worth hearing, I think. In fact, "flying eggshell" is one of his favorite phrases Sent him a PM - ask him!
Old 05-05-2003, 06:25 PM
Buznee

what im afraid of is that i hear the logo 10 is relatively heavy and needs alot of batteries in order to come close to gas helis for airobatics. why is the logo 10 better then the eco 8? the frame looks stronger but makes it heavier too.... how is this better? plastic swashplate and rotorhead too.... advantages please?
Old 05-05-2003, 06:35 PM
Dodgey99

I'd be interested to know too. I have an Eco 8 and am a new pilot to it. I crashed to day at low altitude and broke both landing feet. Quite pleased really (in a strange way).

Would love to know about the Logo 10 as I have a hankering for more helis :-)
Old 05-05-2003, 07:18 PM
E-gpeden

Hehe - the LOG010 is not too heavy! I'm not an expert flier by any means, but this winter, where I fly at over 5000' ASL, I've been able to do more than 6 consecutive staionary flips with it. The ECO 8 wins in the flight endurance category, for sure, but at the price of sturdiness for good flight handling and also its fragility. If you set them next to each other, you would see some obvious differences.

A good indicator of how well the LOGO 10 flies, is the number of expert glow fliers who have bought one and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

I made a website with lots of info about the Mikado LOGO heli's, including links to a couple of reviews I wrote.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:31 AM
rscamp

In very general terms, the Eco 8 is more like the old Kalt Whisper - light, fragile, but efficient. It isn't something that burns up the sky.

The Logo is more like a 30 size glow heli.

A fellow at our club had an Eco 8. He got a Logo 20 and he sold the Eco shortly thereafter. At the time, my observation was they were quite different in the air. The Eco flew delicately whereas the Logo flew with authority. I don't think the Eco is a bad heli at all, but if you want more capability it just isn't like the newer electric helis.

Rob
Old 05-06-2003, 01:25 AM
m3rs4

From what I ve read from the forum, it seems to me the heavier/bigger of the heli, the "more authority" it has over the less weight heli counterpart. Okay I am not talking about the OVERWEIGHT electric heli - like JR EP and kyosho E.
A smaller heli is too light and subject to external factors-wind, draft, ATM pressure, ambient temperature. becos of its light weight not only it responses too quick for a average human being but also it flies unpredictable.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:21 PM
Buznee

Default good to hear

alright guys, im almost convinced in getting the logo 10.
I bought the hitec eclipse 7 radio. Can you guys give me advice on what gyro, servos, motor, battery, speed control, and charger to get?

I would like my heli to have more then 8 min fly time, and to have good climb rate and enough power to go inverted and simple rolls. etc. I'm also in a bit of a budget. What do you guys recommend?