Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

piccolo or hornet

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

piccolo or hornet

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 04:47 PM
bmratc72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default piccolo or hornet

Hey all. I have about had it with RC-expert and trying to get my replacement parts or even just an email response from them. That is who I bought my Aerohawk from over a month ago, and I have yet been able to fly the thing with all or even the correct parts. I've read alot of the posts on the Aerohawk and realized there seems to be alot of problems with this heli. So I've decided to take the financial hit on the Aerohawk and purchase a different Heli. I've narrowed it down to either the piccolo or the hornet. I want something that would be easy to upgrade to 3D and of course easy to replace parts on. I am just looking for some suggestions and comparisions on the two. If anyone can take the time to give some advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:30 AM
is_hady

Default RE: piccolo or hornet

Duh,
you mean rc-expert from Hongkong? or elsewhere? BTW, my Hongkong's supplier www.rcmart.com is good though. Fast service and still answer after sales.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:51 AM
novetec

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Piccolo_Pro_for_sale_%2B_fun_pic/m_1348765/tm.htm]PIc pro + Fun Pic[/link]

THis sounds perfect for you Fun pic to learn on then the pic pro for all out 3d.
Let me know if your intrested
Merritt
Old 12-14-2003, 10:14 AM
Tongie

I would not bother with either the Piccolo or Hornet. They are too small and are usless in anything other than the lightest of wind even with the tuning pack. I got rid of my Picollo and have now got a Robbe Eolo, there is no comparison on perfomance, the Eolo is miles better and is a far more capable heli if you are wanting to learn 3D flying.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:57 PM
sukhoipilot
My Feedback: (4)

Here is my thought on the matter, I cant speak on the eolo because I have never seen one let alone built or flown one, both the Piccolo and the Hornet have there Pros and cons, If I was going Piccolo I would go with the Pro right off the bat because it is 3D capable out of the box and with a few upgrades like a metal head and swash its balistic, but I dont like the idea of the picco board so I would Fly seperates.
The hornet II is also 3d capable out of the box but its downfall is that it takes alot of patience to get the tail right but I have heard rave reviews on the hornet II out of the box and the same applies to the hornet and piccolo add a metal head and swash and in the case of the Hornet a metal tail box and you have an awesome micro, add a hacker brushless and Li-Pos to either and you have an amazing machine that will do EVERYTHING.
Also If you dont mind spending the $$$ go here http://www.precisionmodelproducts.com/pinnicle.htm give them a call and talk to Warren He is a great guy and from what I hear the Pinnicle is the bomb and needs very few upgrades personally from experiance and what I have spent on "upgrading both my Hornet and Piccolo the $475.00 he is asking for his top package is a steal! and I may have one on order for myself next month.
If you need any help with whatever you get feel free to email or PM me as I have ALOT of experiance with both the Hornet and Piccolo.