Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Carbon fiber hummingbird parts

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Carbon fiber hummingbird parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 01:59 PM
recon-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon fiber hummingbird parts

After going through 3 plastic tail rotors I would like to upgrade to a carbon fiber one. Do you think this would be a good idea? What companies make carbon fiber parts for the humming bird? I saw one at helihobby.com and they say you need to get the piccolo gear for it to work, why is that? Thanks.
Old 12-21-2003, 05:22 PM
darkside212
My Feedback: (73)

Default RE: Carbon fiber hummingbird parts

Hi,

I was also thinking of getting the carbon fiber tail rotor blades from helihobby, but after a discussion with some friends I came to the conclusion that it would not be much more durable than the stock blades. The only real difference is that it is stiffer (and more brittle) so it doesn't flex which doesn't really make a difference to me.

I strongly recommend putting on the piccolo tail gear though, then you can use the high authority tail motor. I have that setup on mine and it can turn the nose clockwise just as fast as counter clockwise! It is a sweet setup, and the high authority tail motor will last way longer than the little stock motors.
Hope this helps!
Old 12-22-2003, 12:53 AM
recon-RCU

Who sells the upgraded tail rotor motors?
Old 12-22-2003, 06:31 PM
darkside212
My Feedback: (73)

I got my setup from my LHS but helihobby.com sells them as well.
Old 12-22-2003, 09:01 PM
bpryor
My Feedback: (45)

Hi,

I'm using the EDP-50xc direct drive motor which switches you to a much shorter blade which as one benefit decreases the chance of tail rotor strikes. It will bolt on the stock mount but you have to get screws from an eye glass store. Also, I suggest drilling out the hole in the prop to be a loose press fit(CA'd) instead of the tight press as it comes. I ruined two motors trying to get the props on the shaft, and I'm not alone. Also, it weighs a bit more than the stock motor setup so you will have to make adjustments for CG depending on your battery setup.

The best place I've found to get these is here:

http://www.aeromicro.com/Catalog/gws...xc_1006022.htm
Old 12-23-2003, 02:12 AM
telemark07

there is a new heli on the market that uses the standard size tail but also imploys a slip cluch system that allows the tail to disengage when you get a tail strike. its name is Calaco ..have a search see if you can get the parts. tele