Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Thanks all, need more advice about feda dragonfly

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Thanks all, need more advice about feda dragonfly

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 10:13 AM
RickyT63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks all, need more advice about feda dragonfly

Hi,
I've bought Jabo Feda DragonFly clone with Zhen Hua PCM-4CH radio and I haven't had any knowledge or experience at all about flying rc heli. After spending entire last weekend reading & gathering info in this forum I was able to get my heli off the ground for 1st time! What a feeling! THANK you all.
Now I have 3 questions that need advice and hopefully will get some help (I did search but wasn't clear about it).
1- Stock motor is 280 and plan to upgrade to HummingBird 370 motor. Is this ok and do I need to adjust timing on Hummy 370?
2- Got EDP50XC direct drive tail motor and having problem removing stock motor/gears. Manual doesnt tell me much. I can only remove propeller, motor. Plan to buy another tail bracket mount.
3- Can I swittch Zhen Hua PCM-4CH radio from mode 1 to mode 2 by swapping controllers in Tx?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:35 AM
briguy27

Default RE: Thanks all, need more advice about feda dragonfly

First the transmitter is changeable to mode 2 by swaping sides but you will possibly have to reverse your channels?(I DID)( inside batt, box-dip1-4 are reversing switches carefull one is also for throttle) I also had to swap wires to move both cyclic controls to the right side.Second your much better off with a Graupner acro 280bb 6volt motor(very powerfull) instead of the 370(higher voltage) with this non adjustable board , because the voltage difference draws the tail down inducing a spin at higher throttle.Third use super glue remover or nail polish remover to remove the rear gearbox. soak it and very very carefully pull and twist.I used two small wire ties to attach my dirrect drive motor an it works great!!
Old 12-23-2003, 01:17 PM
RickyT63

Briguy27,
1st of all, thanks for quick reply.
-You're right, after swapping sides/wires I did reverse channels !! Unfortunately my Tx doesnt have dip switch to counter this.[]
Guess the only way now is reversing channel polarity by swapping red/white wires. Dont know if this is ok.
- Again, thanks for main motor upgrade advice.
Old 12-23-2003, 02:28 PM
Banished Outside

I just had to swap plug 2 & 3 and swap the ratchet over. works fine?

Steve
Old 12-23-2003, 02:28 PM
briguy27

I've heard of one other person with a Zhen Hua PCM-4CH the doesnt have dips? They must be getting cheeper!! They have to save 10 cents here 5 cents there to make a buck at our expense.Figures huh!!
Anyway you should be able to swap the red and white right at the connector by carefully bending out the plastic tab with a tiny screwdriver and reinserting the wires in the correct place.Glad to help!!
Old 12-23-2003, 06:41 PM
RickyT63

I've almost destroyed the radio circuit board !
Went back and read Hummingbird manual again and found out that aileron/rudder are the same for mode 1 & 2.
Only need to swap connection of elevator and throttle.
So now on the left stick are throttle & rudder, right stick are elevator & aileron.
THANK YOU ALL for helping & quick reply.

Best regards
RickyT.