Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

I'm new and looking for a new r/c buggy

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I'm new and looking for a new r/c buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 08:27 PM
codman1004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm new and looking for a new r/c buggy

Ok, I got this r/c nikko flashback from a friend at church. It is a Nikko Flashback. I have user it like crazy and have cracked the body and worn the tires down. I would like to spend 70 bucks or less, but I don't want a cheap walmart peice of crap either. This thing is fast. Not like 60 mph fast but maybe top of 20-25. It runs a 9 volt nikko standered. It will last 20 minutes or more on a charge. I would like somthing simmilar but fairly durrable. Is there any retail stores that would sell anything close to what i'm asking. Hobby Lobby, or any other game type stores? Thank you for even looking at it as I'm very new. Please let me know if this post should be in another forum/sub forum
<br type="_moz" />
Old 03-13-2012, 08:35 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I'm new and looking for a new r/c buggy

welcome to the hobby!

i would get a Radioshack propulse, its a small 1/18 4wd truck that tops out around 20, very fast for a tiny car. they are a true hobby class R/c and parts are replaceable with HPI recon and Megatech.

they are around $60 ready to go with charger, battery and all that. you can find them online.

best thing is when you want to you can upgrade this little car to do 60mph or more, i had one that could near 80mph but i killed it.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:40 PM
codman1004

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

welcome to the hobby!

i would get a Radioshack propulse, its a small 1/18 4wd truck that tops out around 20, very fast for a tiny car. they are a true hobby class R/c and parts are replaceable with HPI recon and Megatech.

they are around $60 ready to go with charger, battery and all that. you can find them online.

best thing is when you want to you can upgrade this little car to do 60mph or more, i had one that could near 80mph but i killed it.
Thank you, will the truck itself be slower do to the 4wd? Also could you post a link to it. Sorry I can't seem to find one on their website. I seen a 1/19 silverado, but its like 17:99. Thank you so much.
<br type="_moz" />
Old 03-14-2012, 07:28 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

http://www.rchobbyexplosion.com/MEGA...p/mtsv-107.htm needs a charger, and battery propulse is the same RC as this, that site also stocks all the parts to repair it
Old 03-14-2012, 08:10 AM
codman1004

Will the nikko 9 volt and charger work with propulse? I'm only 15 and on a budget. I can get a good 20 minutes oout of the life of my nikko battery's.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:27 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ihave an odd question from an adult with a kid who is getting into RC cars at an early age. My son is 9 and Igot him a Jato for Christmas and got myself one also. I have had electric before but no nitro. We love them, but he is always wanting this or that for it and Iusually get it. Iwas just wondering what other parents do with regard to buying parts or making them work for it, or from you kids out there, (no disrespect using the word kid) What do you kids expect your parents to buy for you? or not buy? or give you? or make you pay for? When is enough enough?
Old 03-14-2012, 10:32 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

well I don't have kids, but my nephew who is 12 now has to save up his allowance for parts for his pede when he beaks it.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:37 AM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: mattster1971

I have an odd question from an adult with a kid who is getting into RC cars at an early age. My son is 9 and I got him a Jato for Christmas and got myself one also. I have had electric before but no nitro. We love them, but he is always wanting this or that for it and I usually get it. I was just wondering what other parents do with regard to buying parts or making them work for it, or from you kids out there, (no disrespect using the word kid) What do you kids expect your parents to buy for you? or not buy? or give you? or make you pay for? When is enough enough?
i was a kid not too long ago (im almost 22) i say if he respects it, buy replacement parts for it, dont give him hop ups, and upgrades and this and that, if he wants that tell him to work for it, get good grades, do chores, teach him the value of money, i had to buy everything myself by cutting lawns, doing chores, selling things and what not, and it taught me if i want something- you have to work for it.

also, if you see him outright abuse it and break things, take it away until he learns to respect what he has.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:41 PM
codman1004

I agree, are there any other fairly cheap cars that are somilar to mine?
Old 03-14-2012, 05:52 PM
thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: mattster1971

I have an odd question from an adult with a kid who is getting into RC cars at an early age. My son is 9 and I got him a Jato for Christmas and got myself one also. I have had electric before but no nitro. We love them, but he is always wanting this or that for it and I usually get it. I was just wondering what other parents do with regard to buying parts or making them work for it, or from you kids out there, (no disrespect using the word kid) What do you kids expect your parents to buy for you? or not buy? or give you? or make you pay for? When is enough enough?
i myself am 15, and have worked for almost everything RC i have. besides getting RC stuff for presents for my birthday and Xmas, i have not gotten a single thing from anyone else's cash. its mainly because i don't even ask, but i like using my own money so i can spend it what i want to spend it on, not necessarily what my parents want. i have a part time job and write for an RC website. it gives me some spending money and probably more respect for the stuff i have because i know how hard it is to make the money it takes to buy what i have. i know he is too young to have a real job, but i would start giving him an allowance and having him do chores. that way he isn't constantly begging you for money and he learns to respect what he has.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:32 PM
codman1004

What about these, are they anygood? I know they aren't as customizable, but it would be until i can get some money and buy a 100 dollar one.

<b id="internal-source-marker_0.7306466461159289" style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; "><span style="font-size: 15px; font-family: Arial; color: rgb(17, 85, 204); background-color: transparent; font-weight: normal; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap; ">http://www.xenonproject.com/rc-buggies/electric/</span>

<span style="font-size: 15px; font-family: Arial; color: rgb(17, 85, 204); background-color: transparent; font-weight: normal; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap; ">http://www.hobbytron.com/MiniFireFoxOffRoadElectricRTRRCBuggy.html</span>

<span style="font-size: 15px; font-family: Arial; color: rgb(17, 85, 204); background-color: transparent; font-weight: normal; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap; ">http://www.hobbytron.com/ExtremeWorkRCBajaAlphaMaverickElectricRTRRCBuggy.h tml</span>

<span style="font-size: 15px; font-family: Arial; color: rgb(17, 85, 204); background-color: transparent; font-weight: normal; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap; ">http://www.hobbytron.com/BansheeOffRoadElectricRTRRCBuggy.html</span>

<span style="font-size: 15px; font-family: Arial; color: rgb(17, 85, 204); background-color: transparent; font-weight: normal; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap; ">http://www.hobbytron.com/SwiftOffRoadElectricRTRRCBuggy.html</span>
[/b]
Old 03-14-2012, 08:48 PM
The_Shark

propulse trust me there is no better deal.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:28 PM
codman1004

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

propulse trust me there is no better deal.

Ok, I'm not doubting you knowledge, but i'm 15 and quite frankly can't afford it. I'm aloud to spend 60 bucks. Thats it. With the car itself being 60 bucks and 15 dollars shipping, plus a 10 dollar charger and battery, thats way over. So thats why I'm here. I need a cheap but good/fast car. Which is just about impossible. Is there any car out there that is fast for like $55 or less plus 15 in shipping?
Old 03-15-2012, 03:01 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

not hobby grade there used to be a cheaper RC than the megapro that I knew of, but it seems its no longer sold.

all you will find with that budget sadly is the stuff at target

Also being 15 is not an excuse you can save up money. My nephew at 10 saved up his money from allowance to buy a stampede which cost more than that (ok he got it used but still spent $90 on it).
Old 03-15-2012, 05:38 AM
codman1004

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

not hobby grade there used to be a cheaper RC than the megapro that I knew of, but it seems its no longer sold.

all you will find with that budget sadly is the stuff at target

Also being 15 is not an excuse you can save up money. My nephew at 10 saved up his money from allowance to buy a stampede which cost more than that (ok he got it used but still spent $90 on it).
Becuase I'm so new to this my parents think it riduculous to spend more then 60 on a car. Believe me I have money. I got a job at a grocery store, and I do a lot of computer work for friends and family. Maybe I can do like I did with my ipod. Just ask them if I can save up for a decent car. I just did extra, and instead of putting the money in the back account I can keep it in a enevlope.
<br type="_moz" />
Old 03-15-2012, 06:39 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ahhh the parental problem... seems that is the biggest issue with RC's, and minors.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:40 AM
codman1004

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ahhh the parental problem... seems that is the biggest issue with RC's, and minors.
Amen
<br type="_moz" />