Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

great planes supersportster 40 mark II

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

great planes supersportster 40 mark II

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 03:42 AM
armyrcer-RCU
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great planes supersportster 40 mark II

hey guys and girls who is fkying one of these arfs or kits and what are you using im thinking along the lines of a os 46fx, also what problems has anyone had with this arf, im currently scratching my head trying to figure out what is wrong i either have two ailerons warped in the exact same place or the wing is warped on the outside tips. I have both ailerons sticking up an 1/8 of an inch on the outside when they are flush and centered closet to the fusealage any comments on the problem the arf has good quality just this part has me at a standstill have contacted great planes customer service so should hear from them tommorrow im sure they will take care of it just seeing if anyone has had the same problem thanks mike
Old 03-17-2003, 03:56 AM
falcon5619

I put an OS .50SX in mine and it flys great. The 50SX is a ringed engine and performs very well in the Super Sportster. I did not have any problems with the ailerons sticking up at all. With the exception of the landing gear the Sportster is a very durable plane.

Good luck, I am sure Great Planes will take care of you.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:53 AM
lavneet

I have the kit sportster with the 46 FX......great combo. You have more power than you need. I think the 50SX is a bit of an overkill - more suited to the likes of the Ultra sport 40. The sportster is a good 2nd plane and with its thick aerofoil, is not a speed demon anyway. I am surprised about the ailerons and think they could be warped. I suggest you make the outer tip flush with the wing and let the aileron near the root stick down 1/8th of an inch - the roll effect by the aileron movement on the aircraft is maximum at the tip and minimum near the root. The slightly lowered ailerons near the root will also give a slight flap effect.
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	63623_27433.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	38985  
Old 03-17-2003, 11:09 AM
doctor jason

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

many thanks for letting us know
Old 03-17-2003, 04:41 PM
armyrcer-RCU
My Feedback: (17)

Default customer support

well talked to great planes today and was told that i would have to cut the wing in half ship it to them and they would replace the wing but the wing is not in stock and they don't know when it will be. I was told i would have to wait upto 30 days with the wing on backorder then they would pull one from a kit if they had too. i dont know if this was a good thing or not i have a plane that is not built right which that happens from time to time with wood and arfs but i think i will stray away from great planes now. when i talked to the support they said i would have to pay for shipping, after talking to the guy more they finally agreed to send a shipping label out so i spent hard earned money on a arf that is useless for thirty or more days anybody got ideas on how too fix this problem with the ailerons sticking an 1/8 of an inch higher on the outside when set in the center position close to the fuse thanks for any help in this mike
Old 04-02-2003, 02:36 PM
Chillybee
My Feedback: (3)

I put a Satio .56 Golden Knight in my Sportster and the climb is unbelievable. Great flying plane and very easy to land because of the thick wing. I believe that a good .40 would fly this plane very well however, I've always wanted to try a 4 stroke so I chose the Satio and have no regrets. Rumor has it that this plane will be discontinued.
Old 04-02-2003, 03:54 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

I have an OS .46FX in mine and it has PLENTY of power. It's a great flying plane. My ailerons were a bit bowed out of the box, but when I hinged them, it straightened them out.

Mike
Old 04-02-2003, 04:16 PM
waagbuck
My Feedback: (1)

Default os 40fx

I have an os 40fx in mine. Flies great, with plenty of power.
Old 04-27-2003, 04:04 AM
3dd
My Feedback: (6)

if it is just the ailerons you will get up thrust at speed if you drop them at the tips,if it is the wing warped you will probably get a crash i would cut it up and send it back ,the plane flies awsome but the stock landing gear blocks are weak and will split into if yo land hard