Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Small problem with my RC Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 10:40 AM
ephatch510

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small problem with my RC Car

I have a CC Sidewinder 5700 combo in a Tamiya TB-03 with graphite chassis. Seems like sometimes when i gun it at full throttle, the motor bogs or "skips" as i can hear it. Also it tends to be a big twitchy, as like going a bit to the left/right before straightening out again when i full throttle it. I have checked my alignment and everything seems to be in good shape, and adjustments are fine, tires, steering and suspension components are all in good shape. Batteries I'm running are 2s 30c 5000mah lipos. Also running a futaba s3004 servo, R152JE Receiver with the Magnum 2pl radio. Any ideas on how to correct this?
Old 06-29-2009, 10:49 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Small problem with my RC Car

What gearing are you running? You could have an exposed wire that is rubbing the chassis.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:19 AM
ephatch510

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

What gearing are you running? You could have an exposed wire that is rubbing the chassis.
I will go and recheck the wires, as of right now I'm running stock gearing, 64/22 which comes to a 7.09:1 ratio.

Ohh I don't think the motor is not overheating either, checked at end of each run and is around 160 degrees.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:38 AM
lee172

have you tried updating the Mamba firmware? another thing to check is that the gear mesh is not overly tight..
Old 06-29-2009, 12:16 PM
ephatch510

ORIGINAL: lee172

have you tried updating the Mamba firmware? another thing to check is that the gear mesh is not overly tight..
Just got this setup 2 weeks ago, installed the program with update, so everything is current.

The Gear mesh was fine, spins freely, not overly tight at all.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Druss

I don't really like the 3003 servo, it's pretty basic. There might be some slope in the gears or just the fact that it's an analog servo so it won't hold center as well as a digital.

As for the bogging, it's a sensorless system which may account for some of that.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:42 PM
TIGER76

As for the steering twitch double check the servo is straight when the car turns on or it could just be the power of the CC you could try cambering the wheels alittle that helped on my TT with BL
Old 06-29-2009, 12:56 PM
lee172

also, make sure the RX is not too near the servo, or is it the ESC not too near the servo? anyhow, the point is they can interfere with each other.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:40 PM
ephatch510

ORIGINAL: lee172

also, make sure the RX is not too near the servo, or is it the ESC not too near the servo? anyhow, the point is they can interfere with each other.

I was thinking about the same thing, problem is this chassis don't give you to much room with work with, but i'll see what i can do to relocated some of the electronics.

Thanks for the help guys.